RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jay-Z hooks (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=228451)

M Eazy 05-19-06 09:53 PM

Jay-Z hooks

A lot of cats ain't feeling Jay-Z, but yo favorite rapper (or your favorite rapper out right now) has or is going to rap over a Jay-Z acapella on the hook.

I remember Jay said he starting to charge niggas for putting his "verse" on they records...700 hundres or some shit like that? Shit, that's some coo quick change right there.

Some rappers who used Jay for they're hooks

Cassidy-I'ma Hustla
Rick Ross-Nike Airs Crisp Tee
Juvenile-The Way I Be Leaning
T.I.-Bring Em Out

I know there's more....throw some song names and artist out there I can't think right now...

And what ya'll think about this? Would you use a Jay acapella over your beat?

I would...I making one right now.

(not gunna say to what bar though)

mR iKiLL. 05-19-06 10:06 PM

No. They're getting played out .

M Eazy 05-19-06 10:07 PM

I think they're tight to be truthful! That Rick Ross one was done poorly though.
I'm feeling em. I'm messing around with this new beat thing I copped. And this new Virtual DJ shit for tha comp...and I'm coming up with some fat ideas.

Tryna make beats (even if you suck at it) will boost your ideas for rhymes. Lyrics and topics.

Word to mammmas...

mR iKiLL. 05-19-06 10:09 PM

If people are already doing it ... Why would you do the exact same thing? Why dont you do like a Big L or a Tupac hook (which has always been done too)

Originality is what people likes. If your shit sounds like everything else thats out,you're gonna get looked passed.

M Eazy 05-19-06 10:22 PM

Yo, why you knocking me for trying something? I'm just tryna make beats, and I'ma make what's hot right now. If you wanna knock somebody, knock all them cats that's rapping to this "snap music" bullshit.

Snap music is hot right now, that's why everybody is rapping to it. You rap to what's hot. Dawg, it's not always about originality. It's about giving the people what they want to here. Yeah, starting a new trend is hot and all, but I'm not tryna start a new trend right now, I'm trying jump on tha band wagon and start up something new for me to try out. And what better way to start. Sometimes jumping on the band wagon is a good thing. Yadidimean?!?

Defiance 05-20-06 12:42 PM

aint knockin ya.

the rick ross was decent

NNNNiike airs and Crisp tee's i jus didnt like the beat too much
but eh if u makin the beat lemme hear it once ur done

M Eazy 05-20-06 02:49 PM

Yea...That beat guna be done round tha end of tha summer. I be having hella shit to do. I got tha bar I took out already now I just gota put it together. I want this shit perfect.
But, there's hella more Jay hooks, I just can't remember right now.

Sik Wit It 06-06-06 02:47 PM

Jay-Z's garbage.

locknes 06-06-06 04:05 PM

sorry but JAY Z is a biter on that T.I hook biggie came up with those lyrics way before jayz and then he bites it

Young Kidd (LM) 06-07-06 05:15 AM

Bring Em Out was biggies..but hey..lol

i dont really like jay's hooks when they are added into songs, hell i dont really like jay most of hte time any way, but i like Bring Em Out thats bout it right now..