RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Mastered The Art (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Syntax Mastery (1-0) vs. Mind Theory (1-0) (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=89329)

Soul Theory 11-03-03 12:31 AM

Syntax Mastery vs. Mind Theory

Read the rules and the schedule.

The sample is posted. Good luck.

Soul Theory 11-03-03 12:45 AM

This should be good . . . in . . .

Syntax Mastery 11-03-03 07:01 AM

checkin in...

i knew you would do this..

cuz of the mackie thing...lmao

Soul Theory 11-03-03 08:48 PM

^Lol, I did the match-ups randomly, it was just a coincidence.

Anyway heres my beat.

"Don't Leave"

www.soundclick.com/akademikbeats

Good Luck.

Syntax Mastery 11-05-03 09:15 PM

LO
http://www.soundclick.com/util/stre...?ID=671457&q=Lo

HI
http://www.soundclick.com/util/stre...?ID=671457&q=Hi

info on page.

INsanity 11-05-03 10:57 PM

Mind Theory:

DAMN!!!! lovin it soooo much, the vocal cut sounds soooo amazing especially how its pitch shifted higher, sounds like a Kayne beat excellent work all i can say lol, damn i've only listened up to 1:30 lol great work man

Syntax Mastery:

like the cinematics in the intro. lol the way u did this beat and the last weeks beat reminds me of some micheal jackson music video lol. I like the way u made such a mellow sample kinda sound like a serious gangsta beat during the verse. The chorus was live but then again it was straight from the song.

this was a very close battle damn

vote---->Mind Theory damn amazing work. but word this was a clsoe battle big ups to boht of you

DEL the funkee 11-06-03 01:00 AM

theory- this is a very nice beat, its dreamy and surreal... you chopped the sample up nicely, I didnt care much for the hook but i think the rest of the beat more then makes up for it

syntax-nice, like this kid said.. you came hard on a soft sample, i wasnt expecting that...sick ass intro, overall very well rounded...

ima have to go with mind on this..... he just chopped the sample up so well and used different elements nicely, close and good battle

vote: mind theory

AlcaTrakz 11-06-03 03:39 AM

OK my honest opinion, i Talk to both these cats on aim so its a straight vote

Mind:

Your bassline is OVERKILL....its drowning out the song....it sounds not correct with the beat....to me....the chop is lovely...definitely...you chopped the hell outta it...i dont think this snare goes with the feel you was lookin for...

and the thing is...this is EXACTLLY what was expected for this sample...the kaybe west type jumpoff..

Syntax:

HBO intro...grimey.....WOW......rediculous....flipped insane...this is crazy....sounds like some ..wow...i cant explain....

amazing job

overall syn got this..

loved both beats...

Vote : syn

Phate 11-06-03 09:01 AM

Mind Theory - Sounds beautiful, with the real nice vocal cuts. My only real observation is u should drop/fade the lyrics quiet sooner. i think it be tough for someone to rap over the vocal custs.

SynTax - Ye...intro was nice. Beat was aight, didn't find it as clear but that's prolly cus of the addition of vocals. the flip was nice. bass maybe a bit loud. chorus was tight.

Vote - Mind Theory , the beats were both dope but I felt Theory did more work wit the sample.

on a side note u'r boys r fuckin smooth mc's Syntax.

BLACK FLAME 11-06-03 06:08 PM

nice shit mind theory I must say you flipped the hell out that sample. I wasn't feeling the bassline and that fitlered vocal part tomuch but the shit was ill nevertheless

syntax lol@ hbo intro gangsta shit. I like this beat you flipped the hell out thisshit.chorus is gangsta

Vote= syntax for a more rounded off beat .

Nicejob both of you though

Emerge 11-06-03 07:00 PM

mind-this was definitly hot as hell nice choppin left and right bass line was a lil too much but it was still sweet vocal cuts insane um yup nice beat

syn-wow! how did u get that out of the sample?? nice bassline you flipped this crasy nice roundness to it...but dont spit on ure shit though its annoying:mad:

vote-syn for more original and creative flip of beat

much much props to both

Syntax Mastery 11-06-03 08:40 PM

thats not me...thats Anonimus, dope dude indeed.

MR. LEGEND 11-06-03 11:11 PM

MT: I feelin it yeah you flipped the sample very well. The drums are good.

SM: Fuck you you rapped I can't here the fuckin beat. J/K jackass you used the samp on a hook? Thats really crab man, ok drop, you need some soul man. you just a rhymin phasode.

Vote-mt

Syntax Mastery 11-06-03 11:26 PM

wtf^

wow@your bitter ass....bullshit

you need to learn tthe fucking physics of production... you took away from me cuz i USED THE SAMPLE LIKE WE ARE FUCKING SUPPOSED TO DO!

MR. LEGEND 11-06-03 11:34 PM

nah nah son, he used the samp better than you, you took the easy way out, anybody coulda made a dope ass beat and threw the samp in for a hook. But my mans blended everything in nice. Don't get me wrong pimpin' it was a nice drop, real cinematic and shit. I didn't really under stand the intro, what was he tryin to do look at some broad so he wack off? I mean you reeeeeeally wanted a peek huh.