RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Serious question about rap lyrics... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=242314)

Tha .Q 05-19-07 05:40 AM

Serious question about rap lyrics...

If I make a song threatening injury or even death to someone I know, and release it, can they take it to the police and press charges against me?

Terumoto 05-19-07 08:17 AM

I don't think that is a problem at all... How many illegal things have rappers rapped about?

If the dude did press charges, you would definitely win with a half-decent lawyer.

BigTony.Self 05-19-07 10:47 AM

who you tryna hurt Q..bee..doo

WhoAmI 05-19-07 11:09 AM

they could use it as proof of premeditation in the event that you actually DO kill someone

Ebircs 05-19-07 11:12 AM

i would think you'd be ok..unless that guy DID get his ass whooped or hurt within the next year or more....

cuz then u'd be suspect #1...lol

illegal ....i dont think so...

stupid...yes

.TeamOne. 05-19-07 11:28 AM

without mentioning names, there's nothing they can really do. They dont really care i think. The only reason that they dont/wont use it is because of the entire face that rap music has... random violent threats. The thing is, majority of these are just talk, so i doubt any specific one would be taken seriously. Even look at the lack of reaction to 50s song "Heat" in which he says "somethin somethin i give a fuck if i get caught? the DA can play this mother fuckin tape in court. i'll kill you, i aint playin, you hear what im sayin homie i aint playin".

kid sick 05-19-07 11:31 AM

It's freedom of speech, but if something does happen to him you would be the first person questioned. So um watch what you say and do.

C.March 05-19-07 11:38 AM

Theyve done it with schools and stuff, with expulsions and stuff just for lyrics, so ther is a possibility, but really... you'd be fine if you had a decent lawyer if ANY issue arose of course..

BigTony.Self 05-19-07 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid sick
It's freedom of speech, but if something does happen to him you would be the first person questioned. So um watch what you say and do.

if that freedom speech was incriminating then he would be in some serious Q DOO

Compose 05-19-07 12:32 PM

major league fag.

TitoBronsky 05-19-07 01:26 PM

LMAO @ Being in "SERIOUS Q-DOO"

WHATS GOOD FAMILY

KOOL COL-B 05-19-07 01:28 PM

i wuz wonderin tha same shit. ive heard of kids in skool dissin utha kids at their skool n gittin fucked from it. i wuz thinkin about makin a diss to tha Bridgewater P.D. n namin each of each cops n talkin bout killin them n shit..... but then i thought maybe it wuzznt tha best idea, lol, werd

Past Tense 05-19-07 03:16 PM

It doesn't matter as long as you dont go through with it

Tha .Q 05-19-07 03:56 PM

So then how can students be arrested for writing in journals about blowing up schools and stuff?

Does the law change from place to place?

Dabatos 05-19-07 04:14 PM

loL! if u do that ur dead -.-. dont even try doing that bro.