RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Got A Spot to Perform Weekly (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=242124)

Implicit 05-09-07 01:52 AM

Got A Spot to Perform Weekly

So there's this cafe that opened out here in Vallejo, which is in the Bay. They are looking for local entertainment and aren't charging anything, so I thought I'd call them. And now I will be there 2 saturdays every month. The only thing is that I'm going to be playing my acoustic guitar and singing. More of an India Arie/Lauryn Hill type of feel.

But I think it's going to be fun and all that.

So I wanted to know if there were any songs that you guys can suggest I do? I know that you all don't only listen to rap. I want to bring a variety of songs.

Journal!st 05-09-07 01:54 AM

well you talking about your OWN songs our like songs from other cats aswell?

Implicit 05-09-07 01:59 AM

no im gonna be doing cover songs. so i want some suggestions to other ones that follow that lauryn hill/india arie type of feel...

Journal!st 05-09-07 02:09 AM

shoshoot man i feel you....

umm...dude try some oldies from nas aswell and some other shit from like meth or some shit...that would be dope cover songs to do nah mean....

Implicit 05-09-07 02:12 AM

naw not rap man..its all singin.

so far im already doing an india arie song, a song from this local dude and that jason mraz song "im yours"

M&rk 05-09-07 02:26 AM

^^
w/ an acoustic guitar? dont see that happenin. maybe thugs mansion- 2pac would be possible. but for none rap i'd mess wit some john mayer (comfortable), ben harper, jack johnson, or counting crows. or for sure some sublime yo. or "sittin at a bar"- rehab. wycleaf jean " gone til november". if i could play a guitar i'd play those and prolly some dave mathews. or just try to find some chords thats sound like some rap beats and rap dem songs like phish " gin and juice" how they took snoop doggs song and made it their own genre time thang.

Journal!st 05-09-07 02:30 AM

^^word i feel that thugs mansion shit...but you gon try out singin covers?!....damn...umm...try doing some acoustic Boyz 2 men songs or some shit

Implicit 05-09-07 02:38 AM

yeah i was thinkin about doing some jack johnson too. thanks man.

Journal!st 05-09-07 02:40 AM

yea man do some of his shit aswell...i was feeling his shit aswell.

nice man good luck!

M&rk 05-09-07 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
yeah i was thinkin about doing some jack johnson too. thanks man.

"banana pancakes" is what everyone i know who listens to him like the most

Journal!st 05-09-07 02:50 AM

^^word i was about to suggest that aswell..damn.

Jay Rose 05-09-07 10:32 AM

lol at john mayer...dude must be talented to pull that off....some cafe shit would be like coldplay, some deathcab, i was gon say check out some lyfe jennings stuff...and rnb flavor with acoustic is what he does...i dont know how good your voice is tho...i unno a few suggestions

Implicit 05-09-07 02:13 PM

Yeah I have 2 Lyfe Jennings songs that I'm gonna be doing. And a Craig David song. Thanks for the help guys.

WhoAmI 05-10-07 10:40 AM

do simply beautiful by al green...tune's dope as hell