RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Build Your Own booth (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=178195)

New Meth0d 02-21-05 03:02 PM

Build Your Own booth

Ok, so you got your condensor mic and your pre-amp, and your pop-filter you rich bastard. And you probably have a big ass house and theres echo and you need some sort of sound proofing. Well ladies and gentlemen. I have found a quick, easy and cheap way, to get that sound proof booth quality that you are looking for.

Materials needed. Cardboard, ducktape, foam(preferably the foam you put on top of your mattres or whateva,) and maybe some thin wood depending on how big your booth is. and that’s about it.

depending on how big you want your booth to be, deminsions will be different.

what I plan on making is a 4’ x 6’ box out of cardboard, and this will be my booth. This is as simple as it sounds basically get some cardboard (a lot) and make a box/booth. Then on the inside of your booth staple/nail/tape your foam. And finally you have this

(note that there is wood for stability, we want our ghetto booths to be sturdy)

(this is not my booth I did not make this)

JRoy 02-21-05 04:04 PM

thats hella tight man......lmao i just might have to do that......sept i'mma poor kid who has a bad set up

BigTony.Self 02-21-05 04:14 PM

thats hott i might work with that

New Meth0d 02-21-05 04:17 PM

lol yea, i jsut got some cardboard and a few rolls of ducktape, so ima start makin one

New Meth0d 02-21-05 06:21 PM

werd.....upping this

Enygma 02-21-05 07:44 PM

lmao......that shit is tight.......I might have to go get some foam :thumbup:

(plus duct tape and cardboard)

(then a non-computer mic, pre amp, pop filter, mic stand.....)

Damn....this is getting expensive :(

New Meth0d 02-21-05 08:15 PM

werd, tha pics are kinda ironic, nice equipment and ghetto booth

New Meth0d 10-08-05 03:59 PM

some one make me this

iamthatdude87 10-08-05 08:36 PM

Dude Foam or cardboard isnt a form of sound proof.... foam is used for acoustics.....if your lookin for sound proof get gypsin board.....foam just absorbs treble and thats bad//

New Meth0d 10-08-05 08:43 PM

that was alkatrakz old booth..., i made one exactly like it, and although it aint seem soundproof, its actually close, depending thickiness of cardboard and foam though....but i threw mine out because it was too big, and this booth is much much much less expensive than any other professional foam proofing...its just a thought for RV kids

Reflekt 10-08-05 08:46 PM

the outside looks hella gay. but the inside looks nice. i may think of doing this.

∆ P E X X 10-08-05 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflekt
the outside looks hella gay. but the inside looks nice. i may think of doing this.

AHAHAHAHA.

I got one sorta liek this just that it's 1/4th the height, collapsable and about $25. And actually IS soundproof, lol.

iamthatdude87 10-08-05 10:44 PM

That shit wont work just go by a gobo....thats proly better than that

Status 10-09-05 12:10 AM

yo im gonna make one or me and my peeps will probably make one, it dont really need to be sound proof, just keep out a mass mojority of the sound

but yo does it cut out more sound then a closet? just wondering?

Implicit 10-09-05 03:45 AM

yeah i might just use my closet. i mean its quite big though cause its a walk in closet.

but then again i still wanna try it just because.

and ecko > what the heck is a gobo?