RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Record Production (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=90164)

Dipset 11-06-03 06:50 PM

Record Production

whats the best way of getting into beat production and gettin ya material out there

LOL 11-07-03 12:18 PM

The best way? Well do you have the equipment to make ill beats? The online community is great for producing. Then theres local appeal, help out local cats with a discount.

DEL the funkee 11-07-03 03:25 PM

make beat tapes, then probably call record labels and ask them if they could listen to your shit... you probably dont want to go around blindly soliciting shit, i dunno man... someone else here probably knows about all this shit, i sure dont..

INsanity 11-07-03 03:50 PM

make mix tapes, but run mixes with popular songs on them this does two things, protects your beats and appeals to the average person because all the songs they hear on the radio are on the CD, send them to people, get some local DJs to play shit me personally i have a close friend who spins for an entertainmnet compnay so thats a plus, make demos packages, with a little bit of info bout you a CD with bout 8 of ur best beats also mixed with vocals. Important people dont wanna spend time on unimportatns people so thats why u wanna put only 8 of ur best beats on the CD its to the point. make an MP3.com/soundclick etct page tell your friends, and tell them to tell their friends

thats what my crew did/doing, one of the boys we produced got an independant deal so we supplied some stuff for the label but he left that and so did we and back to the plan. hope this plan helps u devise ur own plan which eventually will help u out

peep some beats----> www.soundclick.com/54east

Dipset 11-07-03 08:11 PM

Thanx for the advice

AlcaTrakz 11-08-03 05:49 AM

do not call a label...they will hang up on you

thats all i can really recomend..

lol

LOL 11-12-03 01:40 PM

lol.....why would you call a record label if you're a producer anyway? Call their subdivision for in house producers.

99 % of the time you won't get big if you don't find your "angel".

...OpeY... 11-12-03 01:51 PM

^^^yup and if you dont find your "angel" you wont go to heaven either

KaaS 11-22-03 09:10 AM

jus make beats for some local artists and pass some shit to djs see if they'll play em in clubs, try anythin possible

PostMan 11-22-03 10:06 AM

^lol you dont have any advice to give.... you cant even work fruity loops.....

look my nigga... if you wanna really get serious higher you a entertainment lawyer... big time labels WILL NOT talk to you. but they will talk to a lawyer. another way is to put out mixtapes... imma rapper but im in the process of makin a mixtape and it has gottin me pretty POPULAR out here in LA. and across the net.

The 13th Apostle 11-23-03 01:29 AM

How To Blowup:
make some beats and sell people for cheap...
get on mixtapes from online shits like aow, rb, etc....
then find a rapper (Me ;)), and produce a mixtape of your own with him rapping on it...
then start producing his album...
go to places like www.press-a-demo.com and get package deals where you can get your albums professionally pressed...
go to places liek www.solectohits.com for distribution deals...
get an idea...
make a lable...
copyright your shit...
get the contracts drawn up...
get a business loan to sign artists with and shit like that...
blow up slowly...
takeover...

-never have a plan b, make plan a flawless-