RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   If you locked a baby in a cave... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=235074)

Crazy Hades 09-17-06 07:52 PM

If you locked a baby in a cave...

If you locked a baby in a cave since childbirth, having a person come in three times a day to offer food and water and to, when it is old enough, teach him enough so that he is able to be literate enough to describe his thoughts, what would he think? Would he ever form the hypothesis of the person coming from a world outside? Would the tutor/feeder be a ghost? A god? A supplier? Something just acknowledged as a daily aspect of life? Would the person know life? Would the person ever guess the existence of light past the level of the cave's dimness, or the presence of an outside world? Would he form a philosophy so alien to the world, it's incoherent babbling? Would he form a religion? An afterlife? An imaginary friend? Would he cease to be human in all aspects but his teachings?

I can't comprehend this.

KOOL COL-B 09-17-06 08:17 PM

i dunno, but locking a baby in a cave would b hilarious, werd

La Cosa Nostra 09-17-06 08:37 PM

He would probably revert back to his most primal form..

Without any exterior stimuli we would never learn or grow from the stage of just wanting food and all that other simple shit..

What would really be interesting would be to take one human child and have them grow up in a situation where they are tricked into thinking everyone around them has the ability of telekinesis and seeing whether the child picks up the skill off the sheer power of suggestion and the human mind...................

Sean Gunner 09-18-06 12:00 AM

I want to know what they would speak if you never said anything to him.

M&rk 09-18-06 01:24 AM

i know what that mufuckin cave baby would learn bein in a cave his whole life and thats how to get the fuck out a muphuckin cave

SerB 09-18-06 01:38 AM

This cave baby sounds like majority of the RV members that roam around.

Journal!st 09-18-06 02:00 AM

^^
i co-sign with SERB!.

M&rk 09-18-06 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo poet
^^
i co-sign with SERB!.

never a good idea

∆ P E X X 09-18-06 03:19 AM

if you locked a baby in a cave, you'd be raising an animal. lack of human interaction turns man to beast.

Willa 09-18-06 03:40 AM

i watched some shit on the medical channel where a girl was neglected by her parentd and lived out in the backyard with her dogs and she really thought she was a dog she bit people when they came into the backyard and shit shit was wierd

Terumoto 09-18-06 03:44 AM

Depends solely on the external factors... The cave person would probably resemble a diminished version of a normal human. Because if youre educating them, it requires interaction, and interaction would provoke development in the same general direction as we develop. Except without external stimulus itd be pretty fucked... It just wouldnt work.

But yeah... this reminds me of this case, a girl who went missing at birth and was found to be raised by a pack of dogs:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world...3166383022.html

Terumoto 09-18-06 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
i watched some shit on the medical channel where a girl was neglected by her parentd and lived out in the backyard with her dogs and she really thought she was a dog she bit people when they came into the backyard and shit shit was wierd

Word, I think that might be the same one as in the link I posted...

Journal!st 09-18-06 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa

i now will co-sign wih you willa.... :thumbup:

Mad Dog 09-18-06 07:03 AM

you know i think if someone locked a baby away in a cave...

social services would get involved

∆ P E X X 09-18-06 02:13 PM

i thought locking a baby in a cave was a page outta the Mad Dog Parenting handbook :huh: