RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Overated Artists (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=95505)

MP~PHASIZ 11-30-03 05:42 PM

Overated Artists

Who y'all think is the most overated mainstream artist?

I'ma have to say 50 Cent.

mista raedar 11-30-03 05:46 PM

hes not overrated hes what hes said to be...HOT yes he duz bring sick lyrics and thats why he on top of the game...... and because he made a come up...he went from one of the worst to 1 of the best...

but i am gonna have to say jay-z is the most overrated

Orpheus Rex 11-30-03 05:48 PM

^You Are Really Stupid...

50 Cent Has Shit Lyrics...

Jay-Z Has Sick Lyrics...

DEL the funkee 11-30-03 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mista raedar
hes not overrated hes what hes said to be...HOT yes he duz bring sick lyrics and thats why he on top of the game...... and because he made a come up...he went from one of the worst to 1 of the best...

but i am gonna have to say jay-z is the most overrated

This man knows his Hip Hop....

MuhThugga 11-30-03 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mista raedar

You are a moron

Meters 11-30-03 06:04 PM

I think Murs is overrated. His C.D. was just alright, nothing amazing. "The Dance" was cool as fuck but some tracks were lacking.

C rocka 11-30-03 06:07 PM

hmmm most overrated.................if i had to choose sumtimes i feel eminem is overrated not hating just my opinion

Sick ILL CeLL 11-30-03 06:08 PM

Eminem is overrated...hearin him talk bout his mom and bitch is gettin old....

*waits for stans to explain why hes not overrated*

50cent is da most wackest overrated nigga i eva hurd....nothin he say is hot....

Meters 11-30-03 06:09 PM

Come to think of it, most overrated popular emcee is 50 cent without a doubt. He's just terrible.

KaaS 11-30-03 06:38 PM

imma say ja rule hes more like a fuckin choir singer than a rap artist all he does nowadays is sing

C rocka 11-30-03 07:29 PM

u are right too jarule ^ that ma fucka did a hard rock song with metallica...is he going insane ...

liam 11-30-03 07:56 PM

ja rule is shit but clap back is a tune
the most overarted rapper in my epionion is nelly he tunes r shit and hes poor live

High Class 11-30-03 08:11 PM

mista raeder is right, Jay-z is way over rated. Even some of his beats are wack. I think 50 is over rated. his crew is better than him, I think. 50's lyrics are horrable. So who ever said there hot, you need to check that. And all of his shit sounds the same. The best rappers will switch up there style. Which he doesnt.
I also think that Lil Kim is over rated, girl is a straight up dude. She may look straight, but rap about somthing that matters please. LOL

OUT

-High Class a.k.a Confusion

C rocka 11-30-03 08:18 PM

lil kim is overrated because who ever says shes hot may have a chance to get a blow job from her

menolin 11-30-03 08:43 PM

Jay-Z
dont get me started peeps be syin Jay-z sez the most incredible shit on record, and it has a really deep meaning
wat ever he just sayin that shit cos it sound good, he got my respect though he knows how to play the game.

50-Cent
he aint that bad, yeh he has some wack song, well a lotta wack songs but "die another day" he spits an aiight verse, he just need to be consistant.

Loyd Bank$
this guy over-rated, his lines are funny, he cant really stay on topic very much and he, and the rest of G-Unit pre-write their freestyle, an they all be recitin each other lines.

Obie trice
he has some wack lyrics.
but i dont think cheers is too bad.

Aesop rock
terrible
nuff sed