RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   What Is Intelligence? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=219487)

Magic5 01-13-06 02:12 PM

What Is Intelligence?

Yeah, what is your opinion on what the word "intelligence" means and references to? Please keep the dictionary definitions to a none. That's not what I'm asking for.

Daubs 01-13-06 02:21 PM

Streetwise

or

a decent education.

Indeph 01-13-06 04:53 PM

I really don't see a difference between wisdom and intellegence. They both mean knowledge about the world to me. Just being aware of plenty of facts.

Germ 01-13-06 04:55 PM

intelligence, to me, is the ability to comprehend life, at the same time, learning/growing from the experience, ultimately expanding your intelligence....everyone is intelligent, to a certain degree of what the know, but thats when wisdom and knowledge kick in, to me anyways

Indeph 01-13-06 04:57 PM

^ding ding ding!

Magic5 01-13-06 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
Streetwise

or

a decent education.

It shouldn't matter. This thread is saying what is intelligence.. if you think there are only 2 kinds of intellect, one being the streets and the other being books.. then that is your answer. I'm just asking what everybody thinks intelligence is.

Triple_N 01-13-06 09:16 PM

Intelligence = comprehension, i.e common sense.....u find alot of guys with "book smarts" but lack appliable sense..alot of times people get the terms "well-read" & "intelligent" mixed up......like e.x.....u get a dude that can resite hamilot on a wim....then goes home an spends six hours trying to assemble his daughter's big wheel with no luck......then u flip it...an u go to a mechanic shop an u see a guy wit a 6th grade education....who cant read but taught himself how to assemble & disassemble a car jus by simply looking under hoods an observing how everything was connected together...I think thats how u truly see someone's god given intelligence...not in they're compacity to memorize....but in their compacity to actually THINK!

However don't get me wrong...I am not saying don't read....because the people that truly impress me, possesses both intelligence as well as being well-read..thats the ultimate goal we should all shrive for....just in my opinion people don't recognize their two separate entities...to be mastered equally..an thats my two cents

Mc Wicked 01-14-06 12:13 AM

Inetlligence to me is comon sense or the ablilty to think. Unlike being smart that just means u can do good in school. For example look at Kanye West (or any other rapper for that matter) he was considered stupid in school he even raps about how they wanted him in special ed classes. Now he makes more than anybody he went to school with and that takes intelligance

Blay'all 01-14-06 03:22 AM

being able to make smart choices

Germ 01-14-06 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Wicked
Inetlligence to me is comon sense or the ablilty to think. Unlike being smart that just means u can do good in school. For example look at Kanye West (or any other rapper for that matter) he was considered stupid in school he even raps about how they wanted him in special ed classes. Now he makes more than anybody he went to school with and that takes intelligance

how is that proving intelligence? because he can rap? that just shows talent, wtf @ that post

Germ 01-14-06 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efecx
if u dont get wat he means then u slow

if you agree with that, you're an idiot

Germ 01-14-06 07:34 PM

i understood what he was saying, but becoming a rapper doesn't make you intelligent