RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   a DEBATABLE issue RAP/HIP-HOP VS ROCK?? UR OPINIONS?? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=184158)

(X)eed 03-29-05 04:39 AM

a DEBATABLE issue RAP/HIP-HOP VS ROCK?? UR OPINIONS??

Wat Y'all Think Is Good ,better Or Both Equal????? Rap Or Hip/hop................................... Hollla Yer Heard??/

Dex 03-29-05 04:44 AM

Sup bro. I think its obvious wat peeps on this site are gonna say but i do like a bit of rock. It has to be the right stuff, not no fuckin Korn or slipknot (altho i liked the shit korn did with Nas)

(X)eed 03-29-05 04:49 AM

korn did shyt wit nas????????Shyt dawg im lost...ai open 4 debate though

Dex 03-29-05 04:54 AM

Wen rock and rap come together it usually works well, i got a whole mixtape of tunes where its worked.

Seperatly it depends on wat type of rock you mean.
Hard rock is wack, but easier rock is cool i think.

Its like hip hop tho, differnet types of it all over the world

MC Virtuoso 03-29-05 06:40 AM

I like more rap songs than rock songs. But the rock songs I do like, I like more than the rap songs i like. But I tend to get sick of rock songs quicker than rap songs.
See if you can make some sense out of that. Hahahah.

E.C 03-29-05 06:41 AM

yeh man i have a strong taste in hip hop but i do like some rock like linkin park they aight n shit like tht they mix rap and rock together its gd

Legion 03-29-05 06:45 AM

its obviously going to be swayed toward hip-hop dumbass, since this is a net hip-hop community. Depends what your into, you cant really compare these genres of music. But i'd prefer hip-hop.

E.C 03-29-05 06:45 AM

^^ nopt necceserilly saken is a rocker n he could murk you lol

Legion 03-29-05 06:48 AM

Lmao, text maybe, but the majority of peeps on here, listen to hip-hop.

E.C 03-29-05 06:50 AM

yeh mostly... burt you always get some of the people tht are different

La Cosa Nostra 03-29-05 07:54 AM

I listen to some rock.. A lot of it is just wack meaningless bullshit with decent music..

But then, theres a lot of rap thats crappy meaningless bullshit thats only meant to get the party happening at clubs..

So I guess it all evens out in the long run..

Terumoto 03-29-05 09:11 AM

haha... how is this a debatable issue?

All the people who prefer rock are going to say rock. All the people that prefer hip hop will say that.

Its an opinionated matter, not something you'd debate about.

BUT YEAH... I listen to a little bit of rock. Not a lot though. Just whatever I like... Mainly jimi hendrix and some punk rock. But not gay punk rock like simple plan and good charlotte... The kind of punk rock from the 80's when punk rock was chillin and growing with hip hop.

Adam 03-29-05 10:14 AM

Rock was the gateway to Rap. If it wasn't for aerosmith, rap wouldn't of been as popular as it is today. Well...that is comming from music critics. In the song Walk This Way by Aerosmith/Run DMC when Aerosmith smashes the wall between them in the video...critics say this is when Rap finally hit it big, and that video basically symbolizes that rock let rap in. I like rock better than rap, probably because I live in a small town where everybody listens to rock, but I enjoy hip hop. All mainstream shit is gay, Gay Unit and all are just terrible. I listen to stuff like...Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Slug, Necro, Tonedeff...etc. I unno...

Adam 03-29-05 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M.B.
haha... how is this a debatable issue?

All the people who prefer rock are going to say rock. All the people that prefer hip hop will say that.

Its an opinionated matter, not something you'd debate about.

BUT YEAH... I listen to a little bit of rock. Not a lot though. Just whatever I like... Mainly jimi hendrix and some punk rock. But not gay punk rock like simple plan and good charlotte... The kind of punk rock from the 80's when punk rock was chillin and growing with hip hop.

^ Word, all good music. Fire, All Along The Watchtower, Purple Fuckin' Haze.

Legion 03-29-05 10:33 AM

Its not debatable, two different things.