RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Got Skillz - Summer 2005 (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   SevenThird Vs 20 Grand (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=182469)

Enygma 03-18-05 09:03 PM

SevenThird Vs 20 Grand

Alright.......I'm giving you guys some extra time for this week because these aren't going to be regular battles. This week there is gonna be a theme to each battle. What I want each of you to do is pick a rapper, use one of his beats, and try to emulate his style and delivery when dissing your opponent. Points will be added to the person who best emulates the rapper of their choice. And don't pick some underground person that we might have never heard of before......pick someone well known :thumbup:

Each track will have a minimum of 2:00 and maximum of 3:00 which will include intro, chorus, outro and verse :thumbup:

Check in no later than Thursday and drop no later than Sunday.......both 12 midnight EST

Good Luck!

20 GraND 03-18-05 09:47 PM

check in
idk what rapper yet but ill deicde

Know-Gimix 03-18-05 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enygma
Alright.......I'm giving you guys some extra time for this week because these aren't going to be regular battles. This week there is gonna be a theme to each battle. What I want each of you to do is pick a rapper, use one of his beats, and try to emulate his style and delivery when dissing your opponent. Points will be added to the person who best emulates the rapper of their choice. And don't pick some underground person that we might have never heard of before......pick someone well known :thumbup:

Each track will have a minimum of 2:00 and maximum of 3:00 which will include intro, chorus, outro and verse :thumbup:

Check in no later than Thursday and drop no later than Sunday.......both 12 midnight EST

Good Luck!

This is so homo, check.

Know-Gimix 03-26-05 08:48 PM

http://stbattles.dmusic.com/

If for some reason the link doesn't work, just go to www.dmusic.com and search artist for seventhird... only 1 page comes up its the top song on the page.
I used;
GhostFace Killah - Apollo Kids. Enjoy.

20 GraND 03-26-05 10:03 PM

ight luda WOOOO CHUMP!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/20grand.htm

seven diss tourney 5^^

Enygma 03-27-05 02:28 PM

Seven AKA Ghost - Your voice actually sounded like Ghostface. Style matched very well. I was very suprised because Ghost has a tough style to immitate. Your flow was off a spot or two, but nothing too big. Punches were complex. LOL @ champeen.....that's probably how Ghost would have pronounced it. I think you had a pretty good track overall. The vocals probably could have been lowered a bit, but other than that, good job :thumbup:™

20 Grand AKA Luda - I don't think you emulated luda that much. I think you could have picked a better person to go with your voice and flow. Your punches weren't that bad. Your flow was alright too, so was the production, but I think you could have just done a better job overall. This didn't really sound like a diss track too much to me. Sorry.

Vote - SevenThird

20 GraND 03-27-05 02:49 PM

i didnt know we had to do the whole voice thing.. i thought just stylz and beat...

the omen 03-29-05 09:53 AM

k, lets get at this votin shit....

seven third. wow, ur voice sounds mad different on this. i dunno how much this sounds like ghost face but then again... ur not ghost face! lol youre lyrics are good, stay flowin on point. not too many basic lines, you have appreaciation for good lyrical content, i appreaciate that... beat is aight. you both had the skeet skeet line. seven urs was kinda short. hmmm, not too much to go off of here. but it was nyce, i thought for the finals this would b a lil better tho...

20 grand, now you know you my homeslice n all, but steedz wasnt even close to luda's but its all good, chorus was nyce, but sometimes i think it would be better if u used different END WORDS to your bars, alot of time they stay the same for 2 bars or more. hmmm, u recycled a line, the steppin up tryin to contest the kid/arrest the kid bar. u used that in our collabo. recyclin lines dissapoints me from some one with your skillz. aint really n e amazing lines in either of these, no punches or personals stood out, you could say these lines about n e one n just put their name in front of it, a good personal is shittin on THEM PERSONALLY, so you know EXACTLY who the rime is about without even havin to hear their name. for real this battle dissapointed me.....

pretty even, but if i gotta vote then i gotta go with seven jus cuz he is so versatile on everytrack, 20 stays with the same style now, he used to do nyce switch ups but now its the same on ery track. not a diss at all, a personal oppinion, i like when ppl can show they arent trapped in one style, i like ppl who can go from styl to styl..

seven third!

sorry 20, u still my manz tho... :thumbup:

Ca'lam 03-30-05 09:18 PM

seven - LOL wow.. hi ghostface ;).. you did a good job on the voice.. lyrics was pretty decent i thought.. flow fell off some spots but it was all good.. i thought it was a pretty good track.. iunno realyl like ghost, but u did a good impression lol.. so ima just respect that :p..

20 - i was dissapointed fam.. u didnt sound like luda to me =/.. i understand u werent going for the voice, but even ya lyrics and flow didnt really sound like him.. u shoulda studied his diss to T.I on that young buck joint lol... woulda helped u out a bit.. ya flow was good and everything.. ya punches werent really diss punches you werent takin shots at him enough.. but it was a good listen i guess. kinda slow moving.. but i mean it was aiight. not bad, but could use alot of polishing up as far as the whole luda bit..

ima have to go with seven on this mayne.. both ya'll my niggz, but ima just have to go with sev..

Vote - Seventhird

20 GraND 03-30-05 09:47 PM

ight ight koo

gg

Wickedclown 03-30-05 09:48 PM

word on the streets is that 7/3 sucks penis for nickles.... did it pay off here? find out tonight on Fox 22 news at 11

...Voke... 03-30-05 09:50 PM

damn it P, i was just bout to vote........fuckka....

anywayz...good job to both.......

Vote=20 Grand

lol

Tremendous 03-30-05 10:05 PM

For some reason my vote was deleted but I voted for

vote = Seven Third

It doesnt gotta count if yall dont beleive me tho