RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Most Over-Rated Rapper of All Time... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=134338)

TheStank 07-10-04 06:48 PM

Most Over-Rated Rapper of All Time...

Lets hit up some controversy here... Tupac (in my eyes) is the single most Over rated rapper ever, and no one will ever come close to him. By no stretch of the imagination am i claiming he's wack... he's overrated in the terms that there are several rappers alive today that are continuously releasing tracks that outmaster any of Tupacs... and not getting the props they deserve.

Tupac only really had 1 aspect which he was really strong in, and that was his story telling. He could tell a story immaculately, but that isnt exactly hard. His flow could of been improved, and he seemed to rely on his image to attract media attention to boost his sales.

Don't believe me when i say theres other rappers better than him?
i challenge anyone to find a Tupac track thats better lyrically than the following:

Immortal Technique: Dance with the Devil
Brother Ali: Shadows on the Sun
Brother Ali: Picket Fence
Rakim + Eric B: Follow the Leader
Rakim + Eric B: Paid in Full
Canibus: Poet Laureate II

-Strype- 07-10-04 07:00 PM

^I would have to agree in full.. Couldn't really have said it any better.. Pac is simply amazing, but definately over-rated..

*The~Star* 07-10-04 07:05 PM

No Pac is fine

BIGGIE is the most overrated rapper ever.He wasn't that great to me.

Pac was a great rapper,better than any rapper out today,so he'z fine

The Streetz Govenor 07-10-04 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *The~Star*
No Pac is fine

BIGGIE is the most overrated rapper ever.He wasn't that great to me.

Pac was a great rapper,better than any rapper out today,so he'z fine

word i agree with u on biggie he wasnt that spectacular like some people think he is

D-Tain 07-10-04 07:54 PM

can i bitch is the most over rated

For$akeN 07-10-04 07:57 PM

Biggie was overrated in my eyes.........he did have flow...........

but I wasn't feeling his lines whatsoever I never liked most
of his songs basically I just didn't like the lyrics of anything.....
Tupac was overrated juss a lil tho.....................................
he wasn't very good when it came to flow at all.................
but his lines really got to me seriously because hes a amazing
storyteller not a lot of people can deny that...................

I say Biggie....

M-Eazy 07-10-04 08:00 PM

of all time, i dont kno, but of this time:lloyd banks

D-Tain 07-10-04 08:08 PM

and eminem is too, i hate all the little stans runnin round too

M-Eazy 07-10-04 08:22 PM

ENIMIES is sucky sucky, ALL of j-kwons beats are sick...BUT HIS FLOWS ARENT...shit, gimme them beats, im not that hot, but i'll give the people a run for their money, and come better than j-kwon, im not hatin on him though, dont get it twisted, he just not a factor

Just-2-Ill 07-10-04 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStank
Lets hit up some controversy here... Tupac (in my eyes) is the single most Over rated rapper ever, and no one will ever come close to him. By no stretch of the imagination am i claiming he's wack... he's overrated in the terms that there are several rappers alive today that are continuously releasing tracks that outmaster any of Tupacs... and not getting the props they deserve.

Tupac only really had 1 aspect which he was really strong in, and that was his story telling. He could tell a story immaculately, but that isnt exactly hard. His flow could of been improved, and he seemed to rely on his image to attract media attention to boost his sales.

Don't believe me when i say theres other rappers better than him?
i challenge anyone to find a Tupac track thats better lyrically than the following:

Immortal Technique: Dance with the Devil
Brother Ali: Shadows on the Sun
Brother Ali: Picket Fence
Rakim + Eric B: Follow the Leader
Rakim + Eric B: Paid in Full
Canibus: Poet Laureate II

death around the corner2pac

God 07-11-04 12:41 AM

lloyd banks is over ratted

but more overrated.....JAY-Z

emceedialect 07-11-04 02:03 AM

yo by far the most over rated mc is pac but all of the mcs who is viewed as the main stream "king of rap" dont get me wrong pac is not a bad mc but the greatest of all time nah first of all i thnk chino xl served pac and the new shit that comes out now with him on it is all sampled shit from his other rhymes so it will forever go down in my book as chino served pac so pac cant be the best i bet you if there was no drama over his death pac would have been forgotten by most 4 years ago

TheStank 07-11-04 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-2-Ill
death around the corner2pac

Have you even heard any of them tracks? Death Around the Corner was dope, but not as dope as any of them tracks. Take the weakest track i posted up there, Poet Laureate II. 8 minutes long, crossing between 3 beats in which Canibus addresses countless subjects (mainly how he became a rapper). Not a chorus in sight, nor a hook. This is one of Can's best written tracks, and his flow does fall off in places... but doesn't Pac's?

realmurk 07-11-04 05:19 AM

Real
1. Canibus got ate by LL Cool J
2. pac got BIG battle track wise (Hit hum up)B-boy killas
3.NAS outbested Jay-z
4.banks nice but if he wasn't under 50 wing and if he ever was'nt wit g-unit his fame would'nt have the same impact it does but he a be average
and one more thing stank you must don't no a shit lics bout rap who the fuck is brother ali I

Poetic_Prophet87 07-11-04 05:23 AM

You know, none of our opinions mean SHIT! Pac was and still is the GREATEST of all time! If you're jealous, just go sit down at your pen and pad and come better than he did!? When you sell over 8 million records, from just one cd, then you can come run your mouth, until then I don't even want to hear over-rated anything from you! If ya'll is so tight and ish, why aren't you signed to some labels, droppin all this "DOPE" ish!? Immortal Techniques song Dance With The Devil is just telling a story, but a song by Pac that destroys that, there's WAY too many...Only God Can Judge Me, Starin At The World Thru My Rearview, Smile, Death Around The Corner...PLENTY others! Pac could take out anyone in a battle...Chino XL aint SHIT compared to Pac either...! Pac never personally dissed that mo'fucka anyways, Pac was after Biggie, just threw in the whole Fag-Boy camp, but if he wanted to, Pac could'a destroyed Chino and ended his fuckin career! Pac was and still is the VOICE for MILLIONS of people, they adore him and to say he is over-rated, is not only the stupidest comment I've ever heard, but I think you should be shot for sayin it...!

That's all I gotta say, mob, tip, RIP - Tupac Shakur!

And to say that without a controversial death, he would'a been forgotten 4 years ago, that's stupid too...Tupac was popular way before he died, so no matter how he died, he still would'a been hot today, like he is! So fuck ya'll who diss Pac, most of us intelligent ones out here know the truth!