RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   What are you doing for the World Cup? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=251603)

Mad Dog 06-03-10 03:38 PM

What are you doing for the World Cup?

I wanna know coz I'm fucking nosey!

It was my birthday today and my other half bought me the new England home shirt with Rooney on the back.

It's gonna be part of my England theme this year. For every match I'll have the shirt, England face paint, a St Georges wig, an England megaphone, even England underwear, I've booked time off work around the World Cup to don all this gear and go around Crawley like a fucking looney supporting my home nation which I treat as a religious fucking festival...

...Needless to say I'm psyched up for this years tournament and me my mates and my family will be going large in as many pubs as possible...why...because you have to that's why.

But what will you be doing? Watching at home or going on holiday? Going out to watch the games or actually going to South Africa? Lemme know :thumbup:

Jay Rose 06-03-10 05:03 PM

ill be watching the US june 12th come away with a 2-1 victory, with lampard missing a pk.... than i will be drinking myself silly... btw why did yall cut walcott... dumb move if you ask me

Mad Dog 06-03-10 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rose
ill be watching the US june 12th come away with a 2-1 victory, with lampard missing a pk.... than i will be drinking myself silly... btw why did yall cut walcott... dumb move if you ask me

I can understand where Capello is coming from on that one...

...he's got 11 caps and 3 goals for England...those 3 goals came against Croatia and prior and since that, he's been subpar for England and hampered with injuries with Arsenal this year...it's ironic that he actually played football and couldn't get into the England squad for S.A, yet 4 years ago he didn't kick a ball and got into the England world cup squad in 06.

besides we got Lennon, SWP Milner & Joe Cole who ALL can do a decent job on the right flank so i'm not worried...the only thing i questioned was picking Upson over Dawson the latter helped get Tottenham to the Champions League whereas Upson had a shit season with West Ham who only JUST survived the drop this season.

I reckon the first game will definitely be a tight one, USA are definitely a team on the up, but England will draw first blood, AND get revenge for 1950 :thumbup:

WhoAmI 06-03-10 06:09 PM

as long as we never see an embarrasing match like last sunday's 2-1 "victory" over japan lol...

Mad Dog 06-03-10 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
as long as we never see an embarrasing match like last sunday's 2-1 "victory" over japan lol...

as long as we lift the cup i dont care how we get the results lol :thumbup:

Jay Rose 06-04-10 01:01 PM

i dunno i just think walcotts pace woulda given people trouble... specially the us... it will be a tight match n i think the first goal is gonna come off a set piece

Mad Dog 06-04-10 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rose
i dunno i just think walcotts pace woulda given people trouble... specially the us... it will be a tight match n i think the first goal is gonna come off a set piece

His pace would give anyone trouble I agree...but lennon and swp also have bags of pace as well...plus I personally rate them above theo, swp especially...

...I feel like a part of me died today when I heard Rio Ferdinand got injured in training today, he's out the world cup now...Dawson is flying to S.A in his place but it'll be interesting to see who fills that centre back slot next to John Terry now...I'd put my faith in King personally.

Mad Dog 06-06-10 06:38 AM

And its all gone quiet over here

And its all gone quiet over here

And its all gone quiet

All gone quiet

All gone quiet over here!

Tha Q. 06-06-10 06:16 PM

Watching the Lakers beat the Celtics...

that's if they don't sweep them by this thursday's game

Young Kidd (LM) 06-07-10 05:51 PM

^ WRONG! and RONDO with the trip double.

i can't wait for the June 12th match, i haven't been keeping up as much as i'd like lately...but i love the world cup.

Cola 06-07-10 06:47 PM

Nothing, because soccer is gay as fuck

Mad Dog 06-08-10 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke Dealer
Nothing, because soccer is gay as fuck

Yes because World Championships that involve more than one Country is still a concept the yanks can't comprehend.

And tell the other 1.5 billion + people who will be watching the BIGGEST sporting occasion in the world (yes even your superbowl doesn't get this much love)

Cola 06-08-10 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
Yes because World Championships that involve more than one Country is still a concept the yanks can't comprehend.

And tell the other 1.5 billion + people who will be watching the BIGGEST sporting occasion in the world (yes even your superbowl doesn't get this much love)

it still cant change the fact that soccer is gay, and the rest of the world can't afford equipemnt for better sports, so they just blow up a ball and say....'run' 'kick'

trust me, we yanks have it figured it out. We just dont want to waste our money and time watching a live version of pong.

WhoAmI 06-08-10 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke Dealer
it still cant change the fact that soccer is gay, and the rest of the world can't afford equipemnt for better sports, so they just blow up a ball and say....'run' 'kick'

trust me, we yanks have it figured it out. We just dont want to waste our money and time watching a live version of pong.

that 'run' 'kick' thing was kinda funny lol. personally i generally i find football boring, i mean i'd rather buy some music hardware than a season ticket, but trust me when it's played well it's a great game

btw, wouldn't a live version of pong be ping pong or tennis? lol

technique 06-08-10 01:32 PM

Mad dog this is ya boy here.. Let me know when your down to battle dog.... I will give u some heat now bitch and that last record sinner bitch that made me suffer, cuz it sucked to fuck bitch,, it gave me migrains and shit know wot im sayin, and u think ur gangsta ders more gangsta in my raps then u, man, your just a mad puppy roaming the streets, i'll beat your record man make it 100 cuz im better skillfully,, lyrically i am above u and, i remember the petty disses u made, this time im gonna take u down to the vets for a vaccination... word add me to msn remember it..