RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Watch what you let your kids see... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=82637)

Mental God 09-30-03 04:05 AM

Watch what you let your kids see...

Girl, 5, makes bong in class
By EDITH BEVIN
September 29, 2003

A five-year-old Territory girl shocked teachers when she showed her class how to make a bong out of a Coke bottle during a ``show and tell'' session.

The incident took place at a primary school in Darwin's northern suburbs.

The revelation comes amid mounting concerns over drug use among Territory primary school students.

At least two instances have been reported to the Education Department of children aged between five and 12 being caught with drugs at school.

In one case the drug was amphetamine. Teachers have indicated this may be the tip of the iceberg.

``The little girl showing how to make a bong was the most in-your-face example of drug culture among primary school students I've heard of,'' one teacher said.

``It's not unheard of that primary school children will be found with drugs at school,'' the teacher said.

``Usually it's just a bit of dope _ they've probably nicked it from their mum's purse and brought it along to show off.

``I've never heard of dealing at a primary school here.''

But dealing at Territory schools is not unheard of, police say.

The NT Drug Enforcement Unit has run operations at high schools targeting dealing on school grounds.

Police would not name the schools involved.

The Northern Territory News has learned a member of the NT Police has been seconded to the Education Department to work on their new drug policy and protocols.

``The drug education policy is under revision to ensure it accurately reflects modern trends,'' the spokesperson said.

Students with drugs at school are reported to the school-based constable and are subject to suspension.

A Department of Education spokesman said students being found with drugs at Territory schools was rare.

The spokesman said prosecutions against students are not always pursued.

``Depending on the incident, the constable may refer the matter to the police for further action,'' the spokesman said.

``Usually, the student involved would be suspended for a period determined by the school, taking into consideration the seriousness of the incident.

``The student would also receive counselling and would be required to successfully undertake a re-entry interview before returning to the school once the period of suspension has passed.''

Mental God 09-30-03 04:06 AM

^^^^this little girl is a savage... thats all i gotta say.....

OutWrite 09-30-03 05:33 AM

Lmao...FAG

*Y_nOt* 09-30-03 05:53 AM

"At least two instances have been reported to the Education Department of children aged between five and 12 being caught with drugs at school."

^^^^ God damn, thats some crazy ass shit, and she only 5??? That shit aiighnt right....kids that young dont need to be known bout shit like that....they need to be watchin sponge bob or some shit.....WORD!!!

OutWrite 09-30-03 08:10 AM

I Agree

Mental God 09-30-03 08:12 AM

me too

self 09-30-03 09:46 AM

Well, at least she has the skills to make a bong. Most kids that young can barely put two lego pieces together without the luck of a four leaf clover.

Coast 09-30-03 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruklor
Well, at least she has the skills to make a bong. Most kids that young can barely put two lego pieces together without the luck of a four leaf clover.

i agree

/:Ayura:\ 09-30-03 10:39 AM

i blame hip hop ;)

Dadi Kewl 09-30-03 11:10 AM

LMAO......
Werd Bruk,
dam imagine that...a five year old, tokin up a phatty on a bong...
Props...

FAG

Baron Mynd 09-30-03 11:21 AM

Lmao at kids learning how to make water bongs. .

C_Drama 09-30-03 11:21 AM

dats sum crazy ish righ thurr

lil girls should be playin wit Barbie/ watchin Sponge bob or sum'n'

but i feel slow.........

she's only 5? i made ma first bong when i was 13..................

but seriously, she shouldnt b doin shit like that

i dont blame hip hop, its jes da company she keeps.............peer pressure

ålphå bë† 09-30-03 11:37 AM

Doesnt Suprise Me....Well Not Totally

G. Buttersworth 09-30-03 03:17 PM

damn i thought the hood was bad.

ya kids is crazy in the burbs.

C-Section 09-30-03 04:21 PM

word to peer presure, i was at the park the other day and some little kids came up to me like " dont be a bitch yo" and they all stood in a B-boy stance around me i didnt know what to do.