RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The Billboards (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=169218)

Nynth Degree 12-30-04 04:47 PM

The Billboards

So around where I live there are 3 big white billboards that simply read "Hip Hop Rots Your Brain." And then there's the name of some parent coalition underneath it.
In the 3 days they have been up, one of these billboards has already been defaced. Somebody took spray paint to it, and crossed out "Hip Hop". So now the billboard reads
Stereotypes
Racism...........Rots Your Brain
Ignorance

I'm curious, are these billboards posted where any of you live? Holla back...

Nynth Degree 12-30-04 04:54 PM

Whoa, havin' to up this already lol...

WERD 12-30-04 05:15 PM

no, but if i ever seen any of them i wood burn them down, werd

Nynth Degree 12-30-04 05:16 PM

^Um, yeah...I'm sure you would...

eMiNeM MiNis 12-30-04 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERD
no, but if i ever seen any of them i wood burn them down, werd

No you wouldnt.

Logic The Goonie 12-30-04 05:18 PM

That is fuckin gay.

None around here though.

WERD 12-30-04 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMiNeM MiNis
No you wouldnt.

and y woodnt i? werd

Nynth Degree 12-30-04 05:21 PM

I hope you're an alias. Otherwise would you be posting herbish things like that?

WERD 12-30-04 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Degree
I hope you're an alias. Otherwise would you be posting herbish things like that?

lol, yeah im a alias. but fa real, y not burn them down? they're dissin hip hop, and that shit offends me. werd

Nynth Degree 12-30-04 05:25 PM

^Because you could take care of it in a more civil manner, which eventually make a bigger/better statement for what you're trying to accomplish...

WERD 12-30-04 05:28 PM

Quote:
^Because you could take care of it in a more civil manner, which eventually make a bigger/better statement for what you're trying to accomplish...

maybe... but then were wood u roast marshmellows??? and wut kind of civil manner wood u do? werd

Force. 12-30-04 05:29 PM

near where i live teres a billboard that says..

*has a condom*

Safe Sex Is Latex

Call blah some number..

Nynth Degree 12-30-04 05:32 PM

The best way to make a statement here would be to fight fire with fire...and not fire as in burning something down. I had an idea to go to a city council meeting with a proposition to post up a few billboards that say "Country Music Is For Hicks" or "If You Listen To Britney Spears You'll Become A Slut". It's a perfect example of freedom of expression, and could not be looked down upon without bringing into account the billboards already posted.

M-Eazy 12-30-04 05:36 PM

Quote:

agree'd...

billboards around my way, no body pays attention to em, so thats that...and they all on tha freeways...and people drivin aint got time to look way up, just to see some damn words

WERD 12-30-04 05:37 PM

Quote:
The best way to make a statement here would be to fight fire with fire...and not fire as in burning something down. I had an idea to go to a city council meeting with a proposition to post up a few billboards that say "Country Music Is For Hicks" or "If You Listen To Britney Spears You'll Become A Slut". It's a perfect example of freedom of expression, and could not be looked down upon without bringing into account the billboards already posted.

ROFL, i like it.

"heavy metal will make u commit suicide" lol, werd