RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Rap Superstar (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   The Judges (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=236569)

L.E 10-30-06 11:33 AM

The Judges

Instead of voting, I have contacted and selected judges from outside RV. Actually, outside of the internet for that matter.

Here they are:

Delscio Aldaine

This African American has been a long time editor for the Edmonton Journal. He reports and reviews almost everything hip-hop, but also has a love for alternative rock. After listening to hip-hop for most of his life, he knows what is good rap and what isn't.

Amy Yager

This California-born recently moved to Calgary to work at a talent agency. She mainly deals with musicians and song writers, so here judgments here will be highly professional.

Charles Maddock

Charles has been a long time marketing consultant for many different labels, both major, and independent. He knows what sells, and what doesn't.

All judges will be not have accounts on RV, but they will submit their judgments to me.

And before you start saying "Why would these people have time for this", they are getting paid to do it. So be thankful.

PrahJect 10-30-06 11:41 AM

word man damn you got this locked...I got a question tho when they judge they all choose? or like if the thing u gotta do is to do with marketing only the mrketing dude judges?

L.E 10-30-06 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrahJect
word man damn you got this locked...I got a question tho when they judge they all choose? or like if the thing u gotta do is to do with marketing only the mrketing dude judges?

Since all three judges come from a different perspective of judging music material, all three of them will be deciding. Two against one kind of thing.

.Ike. 10-30-06 12:02 PM

ahh thats some cool shit...people outside of rv judging...i like that

TitoBronsky 10-30-06 10:55 PM

word to havin out side judges..... livens things up a bit no doubt

DaTrusHurtz 10-31-06 01:42 AM

I don't know about this outside judging thing.. its cool for audio battles, but for text battles, those guys i'm sure know absolutely nothing about text battles.. so very likely a verse full of played shit will impress them.

L.E 10-31-06 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
I don't know about this outside judging thing.. its cool for audio battles, but for text battles, those guys i'm sure know absolutely nothing about text battles.. so very likely a verse full of played shit will impress them.

Lol.

They listen to lyrics, read lyrics, and use the lyrics to assess the meanign of songs.

Trust me, they know their shit.

DaTrusHurtz 10-31-06 08:28 AM

lol, yea, thats my point.. they listen to lyrics.. they prolly know a hell of a lot about song writing, audio battling, and rap in general. But text is very different. These guys have probably never read a text battle before. I don't know why a professional in the business really would. Therefore, they likely have no idea of what makes a good text battle and what doesn't. They probably have a good idea of the text which would make a good audio battle, but thats not at all the same thing. IE, the text of a good audio battle is often shitty for a text battle.

Its cool you got judges man, great effort with that shit, I'm just worried that there will be absolutely no point in coming original in the text battles because these people likely have no idea what concepts are played and whats not.

Crime 10-31-06 12:38 PM

thats a good point trus but in my oppinion i say we just let them do they thing they are professionals for a reason and if we do see that they dont know what a good text is then well just have to elevate and show em whats up ya feel me playboy

Mad Dog 11-01-06 04:13 AM

Finally...a tournament without dickriding judges...hopefully i wont get fucked out of a tourney this time!

Zone Out 11-02-06 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
lol, yea, thats my point.. they listen to lyrics.. they prolly know a hell of a lot about song writing, audio battling, and rap in general. But text is very different. These guys have probably never read a text battle before. I don't know why a professional in the business really would. Therefore, they likely have no idea of what makes a good text battle and what doesn't. They probably have a good idea of the text which would make a good audio battle, but thats not at all the same thing. IE, the text of a good audio battle is often shitty for a text battle.

Its cool you got judges man, great effort with that shit, I'm just worried that there will be absolutely no point in coming original in the text battles because these people likely have no idea what concepts are played and whats not.

that just goes to show you how fuckin gay text battles are
nigga, move up to audio

TitoBronsky 11-02-06 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
that just goes to show you how fuckin gay text battles are
nigga, move up to audio

CO-SIGN

Also Known. 11-22-06 01:14 AM

What about RV members bein refered to in battle verses in text. Like i mention Tha Q in my verse against DQ and without knowing who the hell he is the judges wont know what I'm talkin about. Also when are they gonna judge!!!

SwervEz 01-13-07 07:08 PM

this sounds so cool

*ejaculates*