RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   American Gangster (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=244546)

Cola 11-02-07 08:53 PM

American Gangster

fuckign lame shit....had so much more potential.....

it was like watching "Blow" but the black version with Herion and not coke.....

lame lame lame lame

TitoBronsky 11-02-07 09:23 PM

did you even see the movie???

.Eternal. 11-03-07 01:15 AM

saw it like a week ago. i liked it

TeamOne 11-03-07 01:55 AM

it was actually a dope ass movie... especially considering the truth behind it...

denzel owned that role, as usual...

Cola 11-03-07 09:29 AM

what? the movie wasn't good at all....the "true story" of the whole thing....was blah, other than he made 250million dollars...thats just fuckin crazy shit....

TitoBronsky 11-03-07 12:28 PM

A BLACK MAN WAS BIGGER THAN THE MOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on fam.... your retarted if you cant appreciate the historical /truth and significance of this movie...

Ransum 11-03-07 01:58 PM

^^^ now thats power...

but i didnt see the movie and aphill is killing my mod to go see it...

but guess what...

im going anyway...

B. Magik 11-03-07 03:09 PM

It was fucking dope.

Cola 11-03-07 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoBronsky

Come on fam.... your retarted if you cant appreciate the historical /truth and significance of this movie...

what in the fuck? Thats fuckin lame Tito...

saying that because he was black, that it makes it just WOW....who gives a flying fuck what color the fool is....the movie was blah...

and if you actually WATCH the mother fuckin movie.....he aint bigger than the fuckin mob, they send a hit on him...so obivously they aint fuckin scared of the dude comin back at em'...if he was so damn strong they wouldn't have sent shit...

KOOL COL-B 11-03-07 06:17 PM

i saw it n thought it wuz fuckin ill. werd

11-03-07 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoBronsky

so a black dude from the 70's raped our nation's laws to provide for his family.

What's new?

C.March 11-03-07 07:23 PM

it was based on a true story too... theres not much you can do to alter the truth and still call it a true story....

11-03-07 07:44 PM

"This was based on a true story" is basically saying "This story is based on another story, which was a true one."

>.>

SPOILERS:

meaning the way he was arrested was dramatized, the him hitting his family member in the car after he got ripped off by the cops never happened, etc.

Zone Out 11-03-07 08:51 PM

I thought it was alright. People is hyping it up too much though,
It aint better than Training Day or Paid in Full.

TeamOne 11-04-07 12:24 AM

they said in the movie that the guys who did the hit were like up and comers... like amateurs... and they tried to kill his wife more than him, it looked like