RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hot Rod - Baby of the Unit (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=236115)

Past Tense 10-19-06 12:09 AM

Hot Rod - Baby of the Unit

OFFICIAL PAST TENSE HOT ROD BABY OF THE UNIT ALBUM REVIEW

*=Classic
**=Good Ass Song
***=okay song
****=Meh..i could live without it
*****=UHHHH not feeling it

**1.Fastlane - Beats pretty hot on some club shit...i'm liking what he's talkin about...flows pretty solid......good punchlines he def. has potential to be a threat for the Unit no lies...good shit..."I gotta du-rag on my head like RAMBO" lmao...ahhah thats tight.......good shit I like this song...it aint to bad

**2.Be Easy ft. Mary J. Blige - I'm feelin the vibe on this track.....Shits pretty damn hot imo......Mary kills it with the singing woooah lol...this shits pretty hot...i'm feeling Rod's swagga on this track....this has some possibilty to be a hit on the real

***3.Rip It Up - This beat is fuckin sick as hell.the hook is pretty hot......quality kinda sounds distored a bit but no doubt it still is pretty nice......flow has a lot of swagga....this is a good track not like WOAH but good

***4.Roll Wit Me - The beat sounds like some like Neptune type shit in the beginning.....im feelin the vibe of this song....beat is pretty hot....the hook is good......couple of good punchlines songs pretty okay

**5.Dont Turn The LIghts off ft. 50 cent - The hook is really smoove of course 50's on it so its real catchy melodies tight......50 has a couple of straight lines.......Rod kills the track...his swagga is relentless...woohhh

***6.Hustlin(FREESTYLE) - Its on that hustlin beat......His voice kills the beat with that swagga and delivery is tight..he goes for a fast/slow type of flow....sounds good and sounds like he recorded it up in a closet but its tight..

*7.Hot R.O.D - its on some kanye west beat shit....GRAMMY FAMILY instrumental.......his punchlines are sick like Jr Writer/Jae Millz but sicker..i'm def feeling this shit......he rips this track a new asshole

**8.Hatin On The Kid - Its on that Grill Em' beat.....i'm feeling this shit.....his vocals are a tad bit loud sounds like he recorded at his crib......its straight...iono nothin out of the ordinary..had some tight punchlines "50 set a pick i went around scored the bucket" somthin like that hahhaa it was tight the way he said it.....He had an other tight line it was like "your bitch went sooo far down south she came up with an accent" lol then he had an other line "My flow so hot your verse aint even as tight as my adlibs"..good track i change my mind

**9.Work It OUt ft. Lloyd Banks - I like the intro....the beats pretty tight....the hook is pretty damn hot..i'm feelin the way he deliverd that shit.....it was some hot.....Some more hot punchlines he like a young banks in his prime...but better .....woah i'm feelin this dudes lines....Banks had a few tight lines.......iono i was feeling Rod a lil bit more...but he still came cool good song though

*10. The Cannon Freestyle - he had some tight lines you know how on the cannon beat it goes "CANNON" he says "I got lines that got your crew WILDING OUT LIKE NICK Then it goes "CANNON" shit was tight
good track

***11.Durrty - Its on that Ridin' beat lol the girl at the beginnin sounds like a hooker......lol the hook is cool...iono this sounds like a rushed song i'm not feelin this completly iono its straight..not really that tight

Overall this was a pretty good mixtape i was feeling it

def. listenable

J. Luth 11-02-06 04:22 PM

lol @ hot Rod's wack ass pshhhh

Nynth Degree 11-02-06 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
*=Classic
**=Good Ass Song
***=okay song
****=Meh..i could live without it
*****=UHHHH not feeling it

Lol @ this rating system.

Flip 11-03-06 01:56 AM

why would he put freestyles on his album??

J. Luth 11-03-06 09:52 AM

^yo you blind?

"Overall this was a pretty good mixtape i was feeling it"

Every time I come across one of your posts you're always makin' a stupid remark. damn son... get your shit together

Cola 11-11-06 08:28 AM

well...first off...props on the review...always love to read peoples thoughts on shit..

second off...good lookin out for mixtapes...i love them more than anything else..

but..........

hot rod is basically just another 50 cent protoge' that is suppose to bring "fire" to hip-hop when he sitll hasn't hit puberty....almost like Ya Boy...they are both just whack and fake as fuck....i would def. enjoy tha games latest signee...which i forget his name..but he too is from Arizona...and i can't wait to get some of his shit....

but good looking out

-1-

3rdshift513 11-19-06 06:15 PM

^^^^ his name is juice....

Young Kidd (LM) 11-19-06 06:37 PM

I dunno im feeling Hot Rod and Cashis a Little bit more than Juice.

But game did have a great line up. I wish he wouldn't of dropped Techniec.