RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   Marijuana Legalization (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=243429)

xCadaverx 08-01-07 12:55 AM

Marijuana Legalization

It was coming anyway. ;)
I won't be immature.
Post your thoughts.

Terumoto 08-01-07 02:03 AM

No, because then the government/huge companies will start regulating it and turn it into a profit machine like they did with tobacco.

Ysdat 08-01-07 02:37 AM

NZ nearly decriminalised weed. The diffrence between legalising it and decriminalising it, is the simple fact of money.
Decriminalised they can limit the amount of weed you can have for personal use on you at a time, anymore than that and they can fine you. Legalised weed means you can have your car fulled with weed to the point of its falling out your windows onto the road, and the most they can charge you with is unsafe driving.
Illegal weed they cant fine you (not here anyway) but you can be criminally charged (jail or community work)
End a the day, a smart government will decriminalise it, so we can get high and they can make a bit of coin.

08-01-07 04:38 AM

lol

08-01-07 07:51 AM

The government will only go so far, huge marijuana drug dealing parties, companies, & groups will be dealing under merchant names too. 'cuz the U.S.A. would be profit to marijuana and a lot of different types of Americans will get the profit back. Marijuana needs to be less pricey though if u ask me..

xCadaverx 08-01-07 12:45 PM

Yeah, I know the government would control it, but that's really the only problem. Imagine if they didn't: independant marijuana farmers and sellers making an "honest living". Hah. And it's not like people couldn't fight for that.

08-01-07 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCadaverx
Yeah, I know the government would control it, but that's really the only problem. Imagine if they didn't: independant marijuana farmers and sellers making an "honest living". Hah. And it's not like people couldn't fight for that.

shiiiiit america needs more jobs anyway.

xCadaverx 08-01-07 01:24 PM

I know right?
And everyone would be rich. :)
haha.

iamthatdude87 08-01-07 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
No, because then the government/huge companies will start regulating it and turn it into a profit machine like they did with tobacco.

yea but it be alot cheaper too....i wouldnt mind buyin a pack of cigga-weed for less than $20 lol

Dufflebag Boy 08-07-07 01:55 AM

it would make weed sales more safe, easy, reliable, & cheaper. its pricey because its illegal and risky too work with plus its not like u can get it elsewhere. its not safe cuz well its illegal & u dunno what it could be laced with shit like crack. and u dunno if u'll get ripped off. u could spend all ur money on shit ass weed or have all ur money taken, u gotta be careful. if they sold it in stores we wouldnt have 2 worry bout none of that & weed wouldnt be half that bad now would it

KOOL COL-B 08-07-07 03:41 AM

from a dealers perspective... fuck that, lol. it'd only be legal if u buy it from a sto, so tha government can make a profit. but slangstas would still git in shit fo slangin it. n there'd be less customers, why go to a dealer when u can go to a sto n git it legally n not have to worry about la jurra? there'd be mo sto's gittin robbed n shit too. i wrote an essay fo skool about this. werd

Terumoto 08-07-07 04:53 AM

Since my first post in this thread I've changed my mind. It would definitely be better if weed was legal.

Logic The Goonie 08-07-07 10:05 AM

^ How so?

I know a lot of dudes who supplement their income by selling weed, and wouldn't be able to feed their families otherwise. I don't think it would be a good idea for them to lose that income and huge companies to start getting it instead.

Terumoto 08-07-07 10:08 AM

I read a really long FAQ article about why weed is illegal in the first place, and about what it'd be like if it was legalized and shit.

I guarantee if you read it, you'll be for legalizing weed, but I don't know the link. I can find it later on.

I know it's on erowid.org somewhere.

Dufflebag Boy 08-07-07 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
^ How so?

I know a lot of dudes who supplement their income by selling weed, and wouldn't be able to feed their families otherwise. I don't think it would be a good idea for them to lose that income and huge companies to start getting it instead.

if they wanna keep selling illegal shit switch 2 crack