RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Def Jux (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=182667)

∆ P E X X 03-20-05 03:04 AM

Def Jux

Anyone else on RV lsiten to any of the Def Jux artists, like Can Ox, Aseop, Lif, El-P, etc?

TAKENOTICE 03-20-05 03:28 AM

i listen to aesop my fav of his would have to be no regrets i don't know why it just is tight...

∆ P E X X 03-20-05 03:33 AM

^^Yeah man, a definite banger there. You ever hear "How to be a carpenter"? Ther's a new Def Jux teaser in circulation but it's all artists that they already under-promote. It still looks pretty nice though. The usual mind-opening presence.

You listen to any Can Ox?

TAKENOTICE 03-20-05 12:25 PM

nah i ain't heard him but i'll have to look him up

TAKENOTICE 03-20-05 12:26 PM

Do You Listen To Slug Eyedea And Ill Logic??

.JME. 03-20-05 12:46 PM

Do you listen to Mc Hammer?

iLL Clint 03-20-05 12:47 PM

Word I listen to a LOT of Def Jux. Cannibal Ox, DoseOne, Aesop Rock, Murs, Living Legends, El-P, Weathermen.. a lot.

Slug isn't Def Jux.. and Eyedea is on Slug's label I think. Rhymesayers. Brother Ali is on with Slug as well.

But word I love underground hip hop.

.JME. 03-20-05 12:50 PM

Vanilla Ice would merk anyone. Just give him a microphone and a ice pick.

TAKENOTICE 03-20-05 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLL Clint
Word I listen to a LOT of Def Jux. Cannibal Ox, DoseOne, Aesop Rock, Murs, Living Legends, El-P, Weathermen.. a lot.

Slug isn't Def Jux.. and Eyedea is on Slug's label I think. Rhymesayers. Brother Ali is on with Slug as well.

But word I love underground hip hop.

YEA U RIGHT BUT ALL THE SAME UNDERGROUND HIPHOP EQUALS THE TRUTH...

TAKENOTICE 03-20-05 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .JME.
This individual preaches the truth you scrotum grappling pixie.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS THATS WHY THE WORLD ALLOWS YOU TO WALK AROUND WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE...YOU HERBISH FUCK...OH AND YES HAVE A NICE DAY...

iLL Clint 03-20-05 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNC
YEA U RIGHT BUT ALL THE SAME UNDERGROUND HIPHOP EQUALS THE TRUTH...

Stfu being a moron.

TAKENOTICE 03-20-05 01:18 PM

What Are You Talkin About I Think You Need To Redirect Your Statement...

∆ P E X X 03-20-05 10:42 PM

Quote:
nah i ain't heard him but i'll have to look him up

Cannibal Ox is actaualy a duo consisting of Vast Aire and Megala. They're REAL nice. If you can get your hands on any tracks, DL "real Earth" and "Scream Phoenix" and "raspery fields". Fire.

Quote:
Do You Listen To Slug Eyedea And Ill Logic??

Yeah, they're not Jux heads, but I listen to em. I never was big on Eyedea though. Something about him just seemed phoney. Slug's nice and def has a different style. "Put your quarter up", was a good one.

TAKENOTICE 03-21-05 03:01 PM

i like raspberry field i've dled some last night i'll have to get the pheonix one though...

Nynth Degree 03-21-05 03:04 PM

"Daylight" by Aesop Rock is ultra dope. Cannibal Ox is dope too, Pumpkinhead, Block McCloud, all dope.