RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Topicals?? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=185998)

DoContinue 04-13-05 10:56 AM

Topicals??

Am I the only person here who hates topicals? i mean, that poetry stuff is fine and all but, well, let me rephrase this... i dont HATE topicals but i dont think they really qualify as a battle...i mean, its just two people showing different poetic styles. how can you judge that? and plus, who wants to read that. a battle is supposed to be dissing the other person, so how is this a battle? i guess this could really apply to graphics too... i think topicals would be better if you had to have a topic in an actual battle verse... that would be dope. but anyways, does this make any sense? how do yall feel about this? dont hate me... im not hatin on topicals, but i find it really hard to vote on em...what yall think?

Terumoto 04-13-05 11:08 AM

I remember on a site I went to they had "Themed battles" ... You'd get a theme and have to have a normal battle in that theme.

Say you got war, youd have to think of witty ways to diss your opponent using the theme of war...

Shit was dope.

But yeah, topicals are mad slept on cos of that. When I read topical battles (if i can be bothered) I usually dont even vote cos I dunno who to vote for... Unless its one of Nos's battles, in which he tells me to vote for him on aim and in PMs because hes not a good mod and never goes on aim anymore.

DoContinue 04-13-05 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M.B.
I usually dont even vote cos I dunno who to vote for... Unless its one of Nos's battles, in which he tells me to vote for him on aim and in PMs because hes not a good mod and never goes on aim anymore.

hahah that is too funny :laugh: hahaha
about this themed battle shit... u think we should start a poll for that? it sounds maaad dope... if we can get a few more ppl to agree, then i'll start a poll for it to be added to tha site... but yeah, that topical shyt just perplexes me

Sean Gunner 04-13-05 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoContinue
Am I the only person here who hates topicals? i mean, that poetry stuff is fine and all but, well, let me rephrase this... i dont HATE topicals but i dont think they really qualify as a battle...i mean, its just two people showing different poetic styles. how can you judge that? and plus, who wants to read that. a battle is supposed to be dissing the other person, so how is this a battle? i guess this could really apply to graphics too... i think topicals would be better if you had to have a topic in an actual battle verse... that would be dope. but anyways, does this make any sense? how do yall feel about this? dont hate me... im not hatin on topicals, but i find it really hard to vote on em...what yall think?

To me, topicals are closer to writing real songs than anything else cuz it makes you stay on one topic to be good, and most songs have to be bout one kind of thing or else the song is too random and won't be good quality. I like reading topical verses because a good topical writer can be a good song writer as well, and then you know who to watch out for. I went topical cuz I got sick of dissing people over and over again.

Sean Gunner 04-13-05 11:12 AM

Quote:
I remember on a site I went to they had "Themed battles" ... You'd get a theme and have to have a normal battle in that theme.

Say you got war, youd have to think of witty ways to diss your opponent using the theme of war...

Shit was dope.

But yeah, topicals are mad slept on cos of that. When I read topical battles (if i can be bothered) I usually dont even vote cos I dunno who to vote for... Unless its one of Nos's battles, in which he tells me to vote for him on aim and in PMs because hes not a good mod and never goes on aim anymore.

*chants*
Suggestion! Suggestion!

Terumoto 04-13-05 11:31 AM

Yup go for it... Make tha poll :thumbup:

Should be a refreshing change for topical battlers... Bein able to use their skills in a normal battle.... Word.

King Solo 04-13-05 11:33 AM

topicals are good, what golden dayz said was true, if u can write good topicals u cud mos def be a good song writer............i still prefer text battles becuz i enjoy dissin the fuck outta people.......................but themed battles would be a dope idea because that way u get the best of both, a blend of text battling and topicals in one!!!

Ice Pick 04-13-05 11:35 AM

Topicals arent hard to vote on unless your not shore what the topic is

Or what is suppose to be in the topic.,..

other than that they are boring but easy to judge who won

Its like reading a stephen king book and aother horror books they basically the same type of books but we know who is better

DoContinue 04-13-05 11:41 AM

aight... im finna make the poll, so u guys come and vote on it

diman 04-13-05 01:46 PM

Quote:
Shit was dope.

thats ill. accept "war" is too fundamental. something like pastries would make it interesting.

Germ 04-13-05 01:50 PM

Quote:

Shit was dope.

^ your pirate themed battle still has the be the greatest/funniest battle i've ever read on this site

Calm 04-13-05 02:23 PM

the good thing about topicals is they show who's the more creative MC... u can take the topic and diss the other person in it as long as it's on subject. they force the writer to think outside the box.

¤ÐÅž¤ 04-13-05 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diman
thats ill. accept "war" is too fundamental. something like pastries would make it interesting.

word, be like imma through a pie in ya face
let it secreat liquids out ya eyelids then take a taste...
lmmao, i dunno...messin round :thumbup:

Germ 04-13-05 02:44 PM

^ that was tight yo

Calm 04-13-05 02:46 PM

Topicals are fun. and are really dope when two dope writers are going at it