RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   The Cerebral Approach (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=352)
-   -   State of HIP-HOP (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=248928)

50Cal. 02-17-09 12:21 AM

State of HIP-HOP

Alot of people have been saying hip hop is wack or dead lately which i disagree with.I think hip hop is very inovative now and the new sounds are nice to hear.The mix of rock in some tracks now is also dope when done right.I like southern hip hop as well as northern mid west and westcoast.I think hip hop is progressing through artists like lil wayne,kanye west,and too many others to name.Some things are not as lyrical but sometimes i just want to enjoy music and not have to think about what i'm hearing all the time.Hip hop was real simple in the 80s then got complicated in the 90s.I think now it found a medium and a new sound as well.Discuss...........

lyricalflowz 02-17-09 11:27 AM

I agree with half of what you said. I don't feel that Hip Hop is dead or fading away, It's not nearly as strong as it once was, but it's not completely dead. However, I'm not really feeling some of the artists today. I don't like Lil Wayne at all for a variety of reasons. Mainly because he claims greatness when he isn't even close lyrically. Kanye West has his ups and downs. I think Lupe Fiasco is doing his thing, I really enjoyed his first two albums. Nas of course is holding it down as usual. I just feel that it's too commercial nowadays. I would love to see Talent take the place of "swagger". I mean cats like Pharoahe Monch and Masta Ace don't get no love at all. I have mixed opinons and feelings about the state of Hip Hop nowadays.

50Cal. 02-17-09 05:06 PM

well those artists you name suck to me....maser ace.......monch.....when i listen to music i want to be entertained.the new artists do that.i dont want to always hear about real issues sometimes i just want to enjoy music.lil wayne is enjoyable to listen to masta ace is not.........

one way 02-17-09 06:02 PM

when people say hip hop is dead, it goes way deeper then the music, and music goes way deeper then the sounds your ears here that makes your feet tap. Lil wayne is complete trash, the industry has nothing to do with hip hop or music the only thing improtant there is selling and making money, there are people hired to make it sound apealing to you. Industy rap music is now pop music marketed to teenyboppers, with an exception of some artists.

Young Kidd (LM) 02-17-09 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricalflowz
It's not nearly as strong as it once was, but it's not completely dead.

i dont see the logic in that.

hip hop is easily stronger than almost any music genre.
not hating on other ones. but it's overcome them all.

its easily stronger than its ever been.
i dont understand the logic by saying its outdated, dying, not strong, or any of that.

of course its died down lyrically, but that aspect is still there.

honestly i love hearing any new sound related to hip hop/rap/rnb.

it seems like its just getting stronger where i am.
even your artist cali. from one of the older tracks to a mixed version he's evolving and shit.

i love the state of hip hop.

Young Kidd (LM) 02-17-09 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one way
when people say hip hop is dead, it goes way deeper then the music, and music goes way deeper then the sounds your ears here that makes your feet tap. Lil wayne is complete trash, the industry has nothing to do with hip hop or music the only thing improtant there is selling and making money, there are people hired to make it sound apealing to you. Industy rap music is now pop music marketed to teenyboppers, with an exception of some artists.

i respect your statement.
but you have to realize, some hip hop was just to make people feel good.
to make your feet tap. people weren't lookin for a lyrical escape, it was just that feel good on top music.

when i got into this. it was all HIP HOP and RAP the same thing, this whole sub genre bull shit wasn't even there.

its all embodied in those two words. and it'll never change, you have that feell good music, that sex music and you have those lyrical artists.

its all mood driven.

but its all hip hop. even lil wayne, gucci mane, and all them.
they all have something to say, they make that street anthem on top shit.

raekwon, rakim, nas. they make that street lyricist street bible shit.

but in essence, its all the same. lyrics aside. its what motivates us. right.

_Talksic_ 02-17-09 08:11 PM

kanye and lil wang are wack as fuck,they are destroying hip hop

_Talksic_ 02-17-09 08:13 PM

like one way said its all about making money for the industrys.......
they could give a fuck about lyrical shit

Young Kidd (LM) 02-17-09 08:58 PM

^but lyrical shit is NOT HIP HOP.

well its not the only premise for HIP HOP.

hip hop is the industry music and the underground.
lol

it wasn't just lyrical shit when it started either.
i mean...

J.Roy 02-17-09 09:39 PM

The state of hip hop is fine. Mother fuckers are just stupid.

J.Roy 02-17-09 09:44 PM

I think their is a fine line between Entertainers and Emcees.

50 cent, Lil Wayne, Kanye West=Entertainers
Rakim,Nas,AZ=Emcee's.

you get the picture.

02-17-09 09:56 PM

by pure definition the state of hip hop has not been fine since it left "underground".

:)

so is it a plus or a negative?

who's to say? All people stupid enough to give an opinion. now shut the fuck up :thumbup:

lyricalflowz 02-17-09 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Roy
I think their is a fine line between Entertainers and Emcees.

50 cent, Lil Wayne, Kanye West=Entertainers
Rakim,Nas,AZ=Emcee's.

you get the picture.

I agree. I happen to be a fan of the Emcee's because I enjoy clever and well thought out lyrics.

J.Roy 02-17-09 10:00 PM

what the fuck is an underground?

If they're so dope people would notice them. Not to say that most aren't dope, but its not what people want to hear. I love underground, but I also listen to commercial hip hop, and it's hip-hop purists that are killing this thing if anything.

Nynth Degree 02-18-09 11:51 AM

This thread again?