RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Emergency Help Center (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   How Do I become A Better Emcee (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=65592)

Highlyklazzified 07-14-03 12:26 PM

How Do I become A Better Emcee

Can Anyone give me some suggestions on how to increase my

metaphors when battlin' and freestylin'

Mystik Mind 07-14-03 12:35 PM

Read The Tutorials First...If You Still Have Any Questions Then We'll Help You In Anyway We Can...

Xtreme Flow 07-17-03 03:38 PM

or if that dont work..jus keep tryin..what i do is every day during my freetime..i jus picture im battlin sumone..just thinkin of punchlines i can use agenst different ppl..after a week or 2 ull see improvement..

Bazzy 07-17-03 06:56 PM

Be Creative......Add some multi's.......Rap on a topic and stick at the same subject................

MetaPhysik 07-17-03 07:40 PM

say stuff dat make sense dats a big 1

wogzta 07-18-03 07:19 AM

well even tho im no big shot, i find it helps to picture urself in different situations, like completely random ones. then find ways of describin that situation usin good words and lots of wordplay, then apply some of those words to other raps. it also helps to hav a large vocab so read a thesaurus for different ways of sayin things... usin more advanced words makes a difference.....and read ur rhymes back to yourself to make sure it sounds good...has anyone else noticed that sumtimes rhymes have to be balanced to make sense? like sumtimes theres a gap missin in the bar? it usually helps to add "fuckin" or sumthin....get me?

Bazzy 07-18-03 02:02 PM

^^Very Good Advice^^

You should write a tutorial.........................................I n your spare time

B.A.D. R.A.P. 07-18-03 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wogzta
has anyone else noticed that sumtimes rhymes have to be balanced to make sense? like sumtimes theres a gap missin in the bar? it usually helps to add "fuckin" or sumthin....get me?

Yea... that's good advice, but sometimes, "fuckin" is in there just for filler, and if you take it out, it sounds better, like sometimes i see, just takin' out one word from a line, or changin a word... it makes the flow extremely better. Ok... i don't know what else to say, just tryin' to help.

wogzta 07-21-03 07:41 AM

yea i feel you, it works both ways, takin out, or adding in...thanks for the feedback, but i dont think i have enough skill yet to write a tutorial...ive only got 3 wins

BFire 07-31-03 12:24 AM

learn how to count bars, and check some of your favorite rappers lyrical structure.

Izz 08-04-03 08:41 PM

this might sound gay but read or listen to some poetry'
cus a lot of poets r all bout metaphors youll pick some stuff up

wogzta 08-21-03 07:28 AM

^ that dont sound gay at all....i know alotta people use it, just dont get too caught up and end up soundin lyk shakespeare when ur done...

MultiVersEal 08-23-03 04:11 AM

all of what wogzta said but instead of sayin fuckin you use a adjective with the amount of syllables you need to make it flow right. before postin make sure you read it "or spit it" a bunch of times over in your mind.

KaMotion 08-26-03 12:29 AM

Read freestyles
Listen to rap/hip-hop music
Practice
Increase your vocabulary (read the dictionary)

Nick O. Teen 08-26-03 04:35 AM

hmm. .
you are not born good at this shit. . usually. .
ive been rappn for around a year and just finally was able to spit at my best about as well as camaracs average. .

practice!