RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Your Opinion..... What is the perfect song (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=240416)

Status 03-03-07 03:32 PM

Your Opinion..... What is the perfect song

aight im used to making like lyrical, im better than you type of songs......

but lately ive been trying to branch out and do club songs, hyphy songs, get stupid songs, shit you can just dance too... and shit you can listen to in your car and just loose control too....

i use to make like gangsta type music also... so now im having a hard time combining all those differnt types of styles...

Too me if i combined all those togther i would have the perfect song...becuase the audience im trying to appeal to would accept that one song becuase it has something everyone of them can relate to...

what would you consider the perfect song and what kind of beat would it have?

∆ P E X X 03-03-07 04:11 PM

any song where anyone whos had the experience can get down with it. if they've had the experience and cant get down with the song, the song's not perfect.

Status 03-03-07 05:40 PM

^^ explain that a lil better..................

pen pusher 03-03-07 05:59 PM

Rap over an actual instrument like the roots or gym class or p.o.s or plan b when he did sick 2 def acoustic.

∆ P E X X 03-03-07 06:13 PM

alright, lets say you had the experience of overcoming all obstacles, and you heard my song about overcoming all obstacles, but you couldn't get down with my song about that, that means the song's not perfect. i mean, i'm speaking to someone who can relate to wht i'm talking about... and i still couldn't hold their interest?? i still couldn't make them go "yeah man, that song right here is the truth"?? well, that means back to the drawing board and i would only get better. there is no such thing as "fail". that happens when you don't learn anything. i should have said what i had to say in a way that speaks to them and includes them and everyone else that's had the experience, in a way they like to hear. that is a perfect song.

in the real world, the average "good" rapper will prolly get 60-75% of the cats with the experience to like it and 40-25% that dont. but there's still that remaining percentage out there that you can get. till its 100%, its not perfect. period. i personally feel i'm averaging 80-something. i wont put out a track till i know it'll get a number like that and that comes from knowing your audience.

get me?

Paranoid 03-03-07 09:11 PM

you cant really mix all styles together, but some you can but I don't think it's possible to do it all. I'd say just do a different type song every now and then you know. It's what I do.

Heychoo 03-03-07 09:25 PM

many people could relate to tupac - not all, so therefore he wasnt perfect. but that's why many consider him one of the best.

Paranoid 03-04-07 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless
many people could relate to tupac - not all, so therefore he wasnt perfect. but that's why many consider him one of the best.

what makes him the best is because of the way he connected with the people. Same goes with biggie right

Terumoto 03-04-07 02:43 AM

Why do you think nobody has done that before? It's impossible. The reason different people like different styles of music is because that is their taste in music... A hyphy song will not be liked by the lyrical crowd, and a lyrical song won't be liked by the hyphy crowd. Once you merge styles the styles lose their meaning and appeal.

Status 03-04-07 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
alright, lets say you had the experience of overcoming all obstacles, and you heard my song about overcoming all obstacles, but you couldn't get down with my song about that, that means the song's not perfect. i mean, i'm speaking to someone who can relate to wht i'm talking about... and i still couldn't hold their interest?? i still couldn't make them go "yeah man, that song right here is the truth"?? well, that means back to the drawing board and i would only get better. there is no such thing as "fail". that happens when you don't learn anything. i should have said what i had to say in a way that speaks to them and includes them and everyone else that's had the experience, in a way they like to hear. that is a perfect song.

in the real world, the average "good" rapper will prolly get 60-75% of the cats with the experience to like it and 40-25% that dont. but there's still that remaining percentage out there that you can get. till its 100%, its not perfect. period. i personally feel i'm averaging 80-something. i wont put out a track till i know it'll get a number like that and that comes from knowing your audience.

get me?

OK i feel ya..

(Take in mind im pretty fucked up right now...i had a few many too many shots)

but for the kind of music i make, like if its a song about sex and getten girls.. i try to use lines that other poeple( who get girls and fuck them) will understand be like " damn i do that same thing" and i try to word it so that if anyone who listens to it, who gets girls, would learn something if they never tried that move before.... so basically what ever the song is about i try to speak there language... ya feel... becuase every life style has its own lil language and things that everyone in that life style can relate too..

so basically rather than writing lines that only the poeple who speak that " language" can understand i try my best to make it that people interested in listening can understand it also..

( i could re read this and fix up some shit and make sure im maken sense, but i dont really feel like it at the moment so i HOPe it makes sense)

My fault if you dont understand what im trying to explian..

Status 03-04-07 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Why do you think nobody has done that before? It's impossible. The reason different people like different styles of music is because that is their taste in music... A hyphy song will not be liked by the lyrical crowd, and a lyrical song won't be liked by the hyphy crowd. Once you merge styles the styles lose their meaning and appeal.

i understand that... but if i could merge both... i could get respect from both sides... i prolly wouldnt be on everyones number 1 list but i would still be respected... man

im gonna have to come back in the morning and edit these comments if they aint making sense...

pretty much ive been bored the last few days and just feel like making convo with poeple who actually know shit about music.. ya dig?

∆ P E X X 03-04-07 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status
OK i feel ya..

(Take in mind im pretty fucked up right now...i had a few many too many shots)

but for the kind of music i make, like if its a song about sex and getten girls.. i try to use lines that other poeple( who get girls and fuck them) will understand be like " damn i do that same thing" and i try to word it so that if anyone who listens to it, who gets girls, would learn something if they never tried that move before.... so basically what ever the song is about i try to speak there language... ya feel... becuase every life style has its own lil language and things that everyone in that life style can relate too..

so basically rather than writing lines that only the poeple who speak that " language" can understand i try my best to make it that people interested in listening can understand it also..

( i could re read this and fix up some shit and make sure im maken sense, but i dont really feel like it at the moment so i HOPe it makes sense)

My fault if you dont understand what im trying to explian..

yup, i get whta you're saying.

Zone Out 03-04-07 10:32 AM

Any song by J Summers :laugh:

Accelerate 03-04-07 01:07 PM

There is no perfect person, there is no perfect song.

Ice, Ice, Baby came seriously close though

Crooked Hat 03-04-07 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Any song by J Summers :laugh:

from what i've seen and know.. you are such a wankster..

anyways. there is no such thing as a perfect song lmao. you think artists can't find a solitary flaw in anything they do ? yes. don't reach for perfect. that's a goal that can never be accomplished. just enjoy what you do. and if you have the natural born talent of an MC the rest will come with time and practice.

Also remember.. not everyone is meant to be an MC. don't force something that isn't there.