RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Pharaohe Monch (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=249217)

lyricalflowz 02-28-09 02:11 PM

Pharaohe Monch

This cat is pretty nice. he's been around for a minute, I dont' think he gets much love. He's mostly underground. His style is unique. His lyrics are creative and clever.

What do you all think about this cat?

SUPERVILLAIN 02-28-09 03:12 PM

dudes dope. :thumbup:

i first heard about him in '99, when he did the sway and king tech album. "the anthem", featuring other lyrical heavyweights such as rza, eminem, kool g. rap, chino xl and krs one was beyond illy.

s.v.

lyricalflowz 03-01-09 08:43 PM

Yeah man, I think it's sad that talent like this don't get much recognition. It's really unfortunate.

one way 03-01-09 09:54 PM

the millions the lables invested in promotion helps with exposure, monch was on labels ran by disney, EMI and universal but they were all little branch lables that never really took off or got much exposure, but this was pretty much during the NWA gangster rap era so he wasn't really in, after that he signed with an indie lable and hasn't been well known since.
He's dropping an album the beggining of this year though which Im looking forward too.

lyricalflowz 03-01-09 11:01 PM

^^Word? That's awesome man, I didn't know anything about that. The last album he dropped was Desire? I think, that album was pretty hott, I still don't think it was good as Internal Affairs which unfortunately got took off the shelves for illegal use of the Godzilla theme on Simon Says. Do you have any info on the new album?

bobericc_lyrics 03-01-09 11:48 PM

simon says get the fuck up! dope song dope emcee

_Talksic_ 03-02-09 02:07 AM

dudes pretty sick

Nynth Degree 03-02-09 02:51 PM

What Rawkus Records lacked in multi-million dollar promotion strategies, it made up for in allowing its artists to maintain a lot more of their creative freedom than most labels. Look at the rest of the label's roster, some of the illest lyricists of the 90's.

Personally, I'd rather have a contract which allows me to make the songs I want to.

one way 03-02-09 03:04 PM

me too, but it just goes to show that indie lables can't offer the same amount of exposure, the guy is dope for reals........his old old stuff was with Prince Poetry in a group called Organized Konfusion.

and yea his album I think is called "WAR: Let My People Go" no official release date that I could find just spring 2009

Nynth Degree 03-02-09 03:17 PM

Haha, I know about OK, back when Monch was fat as hell. New album? Cool, I still need to get into Desire from '07.

lyricalflowz 03-02-09 03:20 PM

Word, I can't wait for that shit. Dude just has such a unique style and it sounds good.
and 9th yeah Desire was pretty good, especially the selftitled track "Desire" it's pretty nice.