RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Why is P. Diddy rich? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=114293)

H!GHDrO 02-14-04 03:38 PM

Why is P. Diddy rich?

Can some1 please answer this? The average human being could rap/produce/keep J. Lo happy ass well as P. Diddy could. I dont think I should be rich for no reason, I just wonder how any1 ever payed him enuf to allow his poison to spread as far as it has.

Penskills 02-14-04 03:41 PM

^Dumb ass question! yes I agree he is very corny at times,but a great bussiness man!
He has a college degree,something only a few rappers have! and he expanded his independent lable to a franchise along with his clothing company...

~God Hand~ 02-14-04 03:41 PM

Why is nelly rich? why is lil jon rich? the unanswerable questions in life. i guess its because they rap (if you can call it rapping) about bein fly and gettin all the honeys and that seems to make cats feel special when they listen to it. thats the only explanation i can think of..

Archeologist 02-14-04 03:44 PM

He has his own clothing company,Resturants and is bringin out a car soon

H!GHDrO 02-14-04 03:51 PM

He made it as a rapper b4 he produced, went to college, or made it in business, none of that would have happened if it wasnt for rapping. Some 1 had to of listened to him and givin him money. Btw, I agree wit God Hand.

Jitterz 02-14-04 03:58 PM

The industry aint bout gettin rich so dont get it twisted. Your confused!

H!GHDrO 02-14-04 04:03 PM

Than why is it called an Industry?
Didnt think about that did ya?

Da NFamous 02-14-04 04:16 PM

why is master p (still) rich? Diddy deserves it along with a select few others but there will be no excuse for the world's Master Ps 1luv.

MC GAY 02-14-04 04:34 PM

Lets just say he has great " Sell Out Abilitys" and I'm not talking about clothes or Music, He does what his label tells him, if they say lick 50 cents ass, he will do it, just like that fruity mohawk he sported b/c his label thought it was great for publicity....HE IS GAY...and racists...

G. Buttersworth 02-14-04 06:39 PM

well.. puffy started out.. as a club promoter/producer.

opened up his own record label... with artists like Notorious B.I.G. he raped the shit out of the LOx, Shyne, 112.. and countless other artists.. of well earned earnings.

bought out everybody else who ran bad boy.. so he can reap the benefits himself. opened up his own clothing line.chain of restaurants. becoming an artist himself... and producing his own tracks. do i need to continue.

i hate diddy.. but i admire his business-oriented mind.

Bare Knuckles 02-14-04 07:42 PM

He just has so much going for him:

1.) Music
2.) Clothing
3.) Jewelery

And he's got a ton of other shit going on like owning shit and being partners with owners of other shit. As a businessman, he's incredible. He's got so many doors open for him that the cash is just pouring out in the gallons from each.

docta_k 02-14-04 07:57 PM

aint too much a fan of diddy's music....preferred puff daddy days slightly.......but i respect him for his business skills and entrepreneural (if thats a word) mind

Bloomquist 02-14-04 08:00 PM

P diddy is rich, because he raps about the good things in life (girls, cars, and bull shit like that) and sadly people want to listen to that bull , rather than hearing the true stuff. P diddy is the wackest rapper ive ever heard, but an insane business man. Clothing line, producer (bad rapper) and many more. And yes as Pen said, he has a degree and thats nice to see for a change. I hate diddy as a rapper, but i like him as a person. Lol im wacked.

C-Section 02-14-04 08:52 PM

p.diddy is rich becaus ehe is a buisness man, he owns his own record label, he owns sean jean, and alot of other shit.....if you want to get rich in the music industry thats what you have to do..

dont think you could just come in and make music and get rich off your music cause it wont happen....you need other ways to make money on the side

Orpheus Rex 02-14-04 08:56 PM

C-Sec Is Right...

You Gotta Be Crazy Thinking You Can Going Be Rich Off Of One Album...
Thats Why Alot Of These Rappers Own Clothing Lines, Joint Distribution Labels, Etc.

You Gotta Be An Entreprenuer In The Rap Biz To Succeed...