RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Talk (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Wat program ya'll record wit? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=242171)

Intense it E 05-11-07 12:58 AM

Wat program ya'll record wit?

WhoAmI 05-11-07 03:17 PM

sometimes pro tools

but when i wanna run any program in the background pt is out of the question...it's a CPU hungry bastard :mad: so i use sonar or go to my brother's place and use logic

B To The D 05-12-07 05:06 AM

Cubase SX3, Pro Tools....For beginning use Cool Edit

Sir Smash'Alot 05-12-07 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Xay I
sometimes pro tools

but when i wanna run any program in the background pt is out of the question...it's a CPU hungry bastard :mad: so i use sonar or go to my brother's place and use logic

is sonar good????/

like against cubase which would be better? :thumbup:

WhoAmI 05-13-07 02:10 PM

cubase may be better....im really a logic guy so me and cubase are like polar opposites loool

i use sonar when i don't have access to logic at my brother's place...the waves plugins i've got are vst so they make it more desirable to use sonar when i can't use logic if ya feel me

i've used cubase before but it just doesn't have that feel to it as logic i can't explain it

but plugins aside cubase is probably much better than sonar

Implicit 05-15-07 05:23 PM

I Use Windows Sound Recorder!!!

WhoAmI 05-15-07 05:25 PM

but you must use something else to process the vocals though lol

Implicit 05-15-07 05:28 PM

my microphone? nah..i just use that program

WhoAmI 05-15-07 06:24 PM

nah like vocal processes like equalizing and other dynamics?

Implicit 05-15-07 07:07 PM

nope..im strictly microphone and thats it. no editing or mixing whatever u wanna call it

Intense it E 05-16-07 05:14 PM

so if it was between pro tools, cubase, logic, sonar, and magix what's the order from best to worst

WhoAmI 05-16-07 05:49 PM

now when it comes down to PT vs Logic vs Cubase, it's really down to personal preference...unless you wanna be creating a soundtrack for like an entire movie or some shit (in which case pro tools would be a:probably the most viable and b:the most expensive option).

me personally prefer logic pro over pro tools

magix is the worst one, and sonar's above that but once again it depends cos you can get different versions of each of the programs so it depends on the price range you have in mind

it's hard to answer all i can say is go out and try out pro tools, logic pro and cubase and see which one you take a liking to the most and go from there

also don't overlook MOTU digital performer, i hear it's a dope program too, but you'd have to holla at apexx for more info on that cos he uses it

Implicit 05-16-07 05:59 PM

whatever you do, DONT USE MAGIX!!!...i had that program and used it for a bit and it sucked...that was like 2 years ago.

Intense it E 05-17-07 01:54 AM

ok but which one sounds clearer and crisper and better

KiddYork 05-17-07 11:07 AM

one thing i noticed protools is ok, but the plugins cost soo damn much. its funny wit cool edit i can make better sounding tracks than protools most of the time lol and cool edit is free.