RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Mic problem..HELP NEEDED. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=193742)

LivestOne 06-03-05 03:49 PM

Mic problem..HELP NEEDED.

i just got the cool edit pro 2....got a free beat from soundclick...and tried to record on the multitrack but i cant hear my voice....i can hear the beat going off in 'track 1' but cant seem to record my flow on it.... and yes, i am clicking on 'R' then the record button at the bottom....can someone that who knows what they are talking about help me on this....my mic is plugged in and everything...plus i cant hear anything when i stop the recording half way through to hear what it sounds like..not even the beat...

help a brother out here,, :banghead:

LivestOne 06-03-05 04:04 PM

where all the experts at?

Enygma 06-03-05 05:32 PM

Put the beat in track one. Click the red R in track 2.........if you are already doing that, go to Options>Windows Recording Mixer at the top of the multi track mode. Make sure your mic line is the one selected and you have the volume up. If that doesn't work, change the Windows Recording Mixer to the Line In button and try it that way :thumbup:™

Key... 06-04-05 05:51 AM

Or his mic mite be on mute

Go to Start-All Programs-Accesories-Entertainment Than Volume Control

LivestOne 06-05-05 06:28 AM

yo much propz fam....

[.:D:.] 06-05-05 03:26 PM

ive never recorded in multitrack view....i record in waveform view...heh...

Magic5 06-14-05 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enygma
Put the beat in track one. Click the red R in track 2.........if you are already doing that, go to Options>Windows Recording Mixer at the top of the multi track mode. Make sure your mic line is the one selected and you have the volume up. If that doesn't work, change the Windows Recording Mixer to the Line In button and try it that way :thumbup:™

Yo, I got the same problem as this fool, but when I did that it says there's a problem with the sound hardware and to go to Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Add Hardware, but after I did that it gave a list of things that I could click and the computer would troubleshoot and add hardware to the shit with the problems. But, when I clicked the Audio USB port it said it was running properly, so then I clicked every other thing related to audio and they all said they were running properly, but yet I still couldn't record. And no, my mic is not on mute.

What the hell should I do yo?

∆ P E X X 06-14-05 11:31 PM

What kind of mic is it?

[.:D:.] 06-15-05 12:05 AM

lol yea..u might have a condensor and no pre amp...

Magic5 06-15-05 03:13 PM

Nah, I got a pre amp hombre.

B-MAC 06-15-05 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Yo, I got the same problem as this fool, but when I did that it says there's a problem with the sound hardware and to go to Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Add Hardware, but after I did that it gave a list of things that I could click and the computer would troubleshoot and add hardware to the shit with the problems. But, when I clicked the Audio USB port it said it was running properly, so then I clicked every other thing related to audio and they all said they were running properly, but yet I still couldn't record. And no, my mic is not on mute.

What the hell should I do yo?

buy or steal a new computer,...........

Magic5 06-15-05 06:21 PM

^ Oh, ok. :headbang:

Cesar August 06-15-05 07:54 PM

mine works, what about yours? lol

Magic5 06-15-05 09:37 PM

God damnt. I had to pay $50 for this computer dude to come to my house and tell me that the Cool Edit Pro I downloaded (from the link Socrates posted) had errors on the system which prevented me from using the high tech gear I bought. So, then I had to go back to the place where I spent a dump load of money to give me an installation disc to another program. Now, I have no idea how to use this program, so I won't be able to record for like, a week, because I need to read and comprehend some tutorials. Great.

∆ P E X X 06-16-05 12:39 AM

DL Audacity and try that. if you still can't record, lemme know. Oh yeah:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooms
What kind of mic is it?