RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Has anyone ever noticed that... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=103929)

Tsar Casm 01-04-04 03:45 PM

Has anyone ever noticed that...

If you look and listen to the mainstream hiphop of today in which most of us waste our money, that almost everyone on RB can write better,(not incudling noobs and ppl that suck) and that they would probably be horrible on RB had they of come on and just did text..

Cave Canem 01-04-04 03:46 PM

[color=blood red]Nah, We Never Noticed...[/color] :laugh:

Trapt Wit 01-04-04 03:46 PM

The music industry is too damned political...
The most talented heads never even get a shot

8-off 01-04-04 03:47 PM

no, but newbs and people that suck would vote for him because he is chingy

but i think that they would write better than what they put on their singles, simply because its a battle and its different

DEL the funkee 01-04-04 03:48 PM

50 Cent would be the dopest Poetry head on this board, maybe even the Net.

:cool:

Tsar Casm 01-04-04 03:48 PM

Yeah, but if you listen to them, almost all of their songs are in ebonics and poor content is almost always used, really sucks...

Tsar Casm 01-04-04 03:49 PM

The real ill heads never do get a chance in the industry, so damn...money oriented

Accelerate 01-04-04 03:51 PM

I really never noticed...Really.:rolleyes:

Swoop 01-04-04 03:51 PM

its all about who you kno...

connects n shit

Tsar Casm 01-04-04 03:52 PM

lol, really though, never cared to psot anything about it, but now im a freeposter try to make a decent post once in a while...

Cave Canem 01-04-04 03:55 PM

[color=blood red]The Reason The Real Ill Heads'll Never Make It Is Because Most Can't Flow Or Have Gay Ass Voices.....Ahahahaha

Maybe The "Real Ill Heads" Should Just Be Ghostwriters....
[/color] :cool:

Street Fame 01-04-04 03:56 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Audio and text are two completely different things, and mainstream kats are also pressured into the bounds of time limitations. Half of their shit is probably rushed and they spend their time spitting it rather than writing. Anyway, audio format is completely different. Text is less versatile, you stick to basically the same two bar concepts and it allows for witty punches, but rather sucky rhyme schemes.

But when you get onto a beat, forget the bar format and the AB setups. You can spit more complex rhyme schemes, but because of the beat and flow, lyrics come out with less of a "wow" factor.

Lyrically in audio, mainstream kats are fine (except for 50, Ja Rule, Nelly etc). Nas, Jay, Em... I mean not many kats in audio are touching them on the internet.

Banks uses a text style for his audios (AB setups) so he comes with the sick punch lines all the time, but his rhyme scheme is basic as shit. Lyrically i think mainstream is fine... Except for the few kats like Ja lol... I mean he can't even spit a fuckin multi syllable rhyme lol.

8-off 01-04-04 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Street Fame
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Audio and text are two completely different things, and mainstream kats are also pressured into the bounds of time limitations. Half of their shit is probably rushed and they spend their time spitting it rather than writing. Anyway, audio format is completely different. Text is less versatile, you stick to basically the same two bar concepts and it allows for witty punches, but rather sucky rhyme schemes.

But when you get onto a beat, forget the bar format and the AB setups. You can spit more complex rhyme schemes, but because of the beat and flow, lyrics come out with less of a "wow" factor.

Lyrically in audio, mainstream kats are fine (except for 50, Ja Rule, Nelly etc). Nas, Jay, Em... I mean not many kats in audio are touching them on the internet.

Banks uses a text style for his audios (AB setups) so he comes with the sick punch lines all the time, but his rhyme scheme is basic as shit. Lyrically i think mainstream is fine... Except for the few kats like Ja lol... I mean he can't even spit a fuckin multi syllable rhyme lol.

you know your stuff, i like you, say something dope so you could get a spot in my sig:hump:

Tsar Casm 01-04-04 03:59 PM

You couldn't tell me tohugh that if say...Chingy for instance, sat down, he could write something in text without a time limit and it would be ill...

High Class 01-04-04 04:01 PM

IM not even ganna fuckin lie... No I havent noticed, but you are right. I have this one rap. Everyone told me it made 21 Questions kiss my ring, LOL... I have some nice proof, LOL... But yea, there is alot of nice writes in here. To bad there aint enough room for those people that are tight in fam and fortune...