RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Mixer...Any Ideas... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=104541)

TheHandsOfGod 01-06-04 08:46 PM

Mixer...Any Ideas...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...ase_pid/630411/

thats the one i had in mind...but if u got any other..maby a lil cheaper but just as good..or better ..leme know..
this is all for a lil studio im trying to set up..for me n my bois..
to record on

this is all im useing so far

My Room..Quit...No Echo..Big...Very Nice...For Studio..
My Pc...Good...56k..but Good
Audio Technica 3035
PreSonus TubePre Amp
Mic Stand
Mic Boom
Pop Filter..
N All The Cords
Head Phones
N The Computer Speakers..with a Mini Woofer..
I Need To Get A Mixer..
Any Ideas..is the one i chose real good for the price..
or is there any in mind allready..thats really good

verbal conflict 01-06-04 08:58 PM

why would u want a mixer when u got a pre-amp???... but if u want my opinions... dont get nady!! it sucks... anything comin from nady is shit... i got an alesis 8fx multimix, n its pretty good... another good one is a yamaha mg10/2... all i can think of right now...

...OpeY... 01-06-04 09:54 PM

u dont need a mixer

Tha Duce 01-07-04 07:37 AM

The only reason you need a mixer is if you plan on recording multipl things at the same time and or want to set up a patch bay wit diffrent mic pre amps and diffrent effects pre the computer.

basicly it just depends on how serous of a set up you want.

...OpeY... 01-07-04 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ...OpeY...
u dont need a mixer

PostMan 01-07-04 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by verbal conflict
anything comin from nady is shit...

watch it bub.. i got a nady... and it kills your quality :cussing:

PostMan 01-07-04 03:06 PM

um..... im about to get a mixer.... mixer is necessary if you goin to build a "real studio".... and if you dont need a mixer then studios wouldnt have one..... but the mixer im getting is 1700.... but thats just me im tryin to go more hardware less software..... but anyways. for home shit you dont really need a mixer(i guess)

Edit-----

nvm i just saw what you were getting.. dont get. wasting your money.. your quality will be the same......

...OpeY... 01-07-04 03:09 PM

studios have mixers because they have several inputs to record several vocals and instruments at once. If your building a project studio for yourself you don't need a mixer.

TheHandsOfGod 01-07-04 06:32 PM

opey^...could u hit me up on aim..so i could get in detail with this shit with u aight playa...

some people said that a mixer is a have to...
if that is not
does any one know anything i should get that could help
anything....im guessing in the 100-200 area..aight
so just post up anything u think i might need...aight..

oh yeah and to make beats what all do u need...

AlcaTrakz 01-07-04 10:00 PM

BLUE TUBE

i swear u would think i own presonus..lol

urban_tactics 01-09-04 12:26 AM

lol@nady bein shit

i got the MXL, AKG c900, NODE, and NADY and i PREFER the NADY...b/c i like for my 16k and above to be filtered out...

as for the MIXER...a MIXER is VERY NECCESSARY IF u like to have EQ presets when u record...like i do...what u gonna do when u get a person that causes alotta sibblenc when they spit? hack it wit a DE-ESSER? WRONG ANSWER...ur gonna cut @8k or so on until the problem is minimized...u start from the mic and work your way to the PC...dont wait until ur perfomance is done to fix a problem...fix it b4 it happens

get a mixer dawg...IT WILL come in handy.

TheHandsOfGod 01-09-04 07:09 AM

i just order the M-Audio Sound Card...and i guess if i need a mixer ill get it later..but i order the sound card.i have seen good things about it...i also got a new pop filter...

Tha Duce 01-09-04 10:47 AM

wow a heat'd discution up in here. Look Opey is right Partly....btw this is jut my opion and everyone does it diffrently. and there is not just one way to do anything keep that in mind.

OK I got a mixer for several reasons.

1. I can run nicer condencer mics that will require phatom power.
2. Pre eq imputs
3 . effect send and returns
4 . can easyly be hookd into patch bays for very easy adding things to your porject studio. and easly change configurations.

Right now I have the NADY CL5000 it has compressor/ limter/ gate and exsapnder. 2 channels so I have 2 effect sends and returns on my mixer so if I want to compress one thing 5.1 and somthing else say 3.1 I can Pre or post the ccomputer.

anyways... that is the reason I have it.