RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tower Block Dreams... (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=105258)

Harlem's Finest 01-09-04 09:43 AM

Tower Block Dreams...

Anyone from the UK started watching this programme on BBC Three?

It follows peeps tryin' to get into the UK hiphop scene...surprise, surprise, most are from Londons tower blocks etc..
The one just passed featured two kids.. Sloth & SkinnyMan... both idiots tho really...
It goes along with shit bout how they come from a life of crime etc... but they ain't exactly a new generation of Krays... most peeps from certain areas got the same shit goin...

Sloth got some weird style goin'... I wasn't feelin it at all, but he got pirate radio spots etc... sortin' out a record deal with Polydor..
Personally... I reckon half the peeps audios on here cane the kid... he's wack.. could just be me tho...

SkinnyMan was pretty tight... does shit at clubs etc.. Had a deal at one time but went down for a while and lost it in the process...
He looks like a fool, but got some decent lyrics... showed a short clip of him battlin' some kid also... caned him easily really...

Watching the programme I was like man.... theres a good scene startin' up in London etc... it'd be safe if it got more nationwide.. obviously theres things goin on, but particually in Wales we ain't got shit..
But yeah, feedback on the actual programme if you watched it . . .

Lokinator 01-09-04 10:11 AM

Watch how UkHipHop becomes gay like UkGarage. . .

Get out Early

ninemillimeter 01-09-04 10:41 AM

^^ I agree man, rap in the UK just end's up becoming really fast and with london accents or whatever it just sounds garage... as for the program damn I missed it, I forgot it was on... bound to be on again though, all UK TV does is fuckin repeat!

Gunman tha Great 01-09-04 10:52 AM

UK TV is tha re-run capitol if they start putting that shit to fast 2 time beats like i know the will, it'll go down tha toilet like the So Solid Crew and tha More Fire crew

Harlem's Finest 01-09-04 11:32 AM

Yeah..
The London accents are the worst thing ever.. Thing is.. how are UK peeps supposed to get anywhere when the best chance they got is dropping audios over the net or donning a style like 'Sloth'.. its pretty raw come to think of it..
But as said.. most UK hiphop quickly turns to some garage crap.. altho alot of peeps over the net from different parts of the country got some tight tracks.. just don't go anywhere with it...

KaaS 01-09-04 01:42 PM

so what day is this programme on and what time

Baron Mynd 01-09-04 01:46 PM

The london accent is pretty dope sounding, and that's what most foreigners think of when they imagine us. But really .. you'd never heard of Sloth or Skinny Man before this?

Harlem's Finest 01-10-04 11:35 AM

BBC Three... I think 9 - 10pm or 10 - 11pm etc... Isaw the ad for it but found it by surprise on the night... best to check listings.. its worth watching..

Nah, I ain't heard of practically any UK artists... underground or whateva...
Where I am there's hardly a scene.. I mean we got the 50 cent d/r's everywhere etc... No-one I know personally is into hip hop as much as myself, 'n as said, I don't know much bout the UK side of things..
Sloth... I reckon he was real wack.. sounds like a bitch...
Skinnymans pretty tight... some decent lyrics but again nothing amazin'..
The London accents are the worst thing ever, I think it sounds shit... esp. when they say 'bruv'... all the time etc...

Lokinator 01-10-04 12:01 PM

Ukhiphop. . isn't the future. . trust me

ninemillimeter 01-11-04 05:29 AM

^^ I dont have to trust you, I know it wont!

menolin 01-11-04 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baron Mynd
The london accent is pretty dope sounding, and that's what most foreigners think of when they imagine us. But really .. you'd never heard of Sloth or Skinny Man before this?

word!!!

on under the waether with jehst, i dunno who else is on that track, but his accent is dope!!

skinny man does look like a fool, an he is aiight at rappin!!

Harlem's Finest 01-14-04 09:15 AM

For everyone in the UK...

It's on tonight.. 10:40pm - BBC Three

I think its the same programme.. but I'm sure it was a continuous series..

Worth a look....

Lokinator 01-14-04 12:30 PM

^ I will be watching something else

Harlem's Finest 01-16-04 10:30 AM

It was on again last night man...
Must be Thursdays.. 9pm..

A new episode.. focusing on pirate radios really.. an MC called Gambit, and a radio kid called Killer.. uh.. yeah..

Gambit was pretty tight basically..
Killer was a mug..

Anyone see it?
Am I the only person that actually watches tv?