RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   "Britain's 'Dr. Death' found hanged" (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=106495)

RythmicTendicies 01-13-04 10:43 AM

"Britain's 'Dr. Death' found hanged"

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Serial killer Harold Shipman, known as "Dr. Death," has been found dead in his prison cell in northern England, officials say.

Shipman was found hanging in his cell at Wakefield prison, West Yorkshire, at 6:20 a.m. Tuesday and was pronounced dead at 8:10 a.m. after resuscitation efforts failed, a Prison Service spokeswoman said.

His death will be investigated. Shipman would have been 58 on Wednesday.

Shipman, a family doctor in the town of Hyde near Manchester, northwest England, was convicted for the deaths of 15 elderly women patients in 2000.

In July 2003, an inquiry found that Shipman murdered at least 215 patients, mainly elderly women.

Shipman hanged himself using bed sheets from the window bars in his cell, a Prison Service spokeswoman told the UK Press Association.

He had been on suicide watch briefly earlier in his sentence at Manchester prison and on being moved to Frankland prison in February 2000, but never since he arrived at Wakefield in June 2003.

"He was showing no signs whatsoever of pre-suicidal behavior at all," said the spokeswoman. "He was behaving utterly normally. He was working as normal and doing education as normal.

"There was absolutely no indication that this was coming and he was giving no cause for concern."

Shipman killed his victims with large amounts of diamorphine, or heroin, from 1975 to 1998, the 2,000-page report concluded.

- CNN

Like the new RB look BTW.

Lokinator 01-13-04 11:04 AM

Shipman was a gangster

*Hung

Harlem's Finest 01-13-04 11:09 AM

Hey hey... forgot all about him...

Yeah.. nice to hear tho..

Straight Ace 01-13-04 11:14 AM

..Obviously its the right thing to do.. when u've done years of study to finally be an official docter.. then get sentenced to life & die.. Well that was useless

LM 01-13-04 12:00 PM

I was hopin he'd just rot for bout 30years in prison then die.....but i guess if he committs suicide then he aint payin the penalty in prison for what he did

varentao 01-13-04 08:34 PM

Well the families of some of the vicitims did want to confront him at a future date. I guess this has put pay to that. Though an audacious Gypsy might have something to say about that...

..it's being investigated anyway. Seems like people made it hell for him. Esepcially prison guards. And he wasn't all that co-operative anyway. Seems like a very withdrawn psychopath to me...

-Zone Out- 01-13-04 09:09 PM

Hope He Have A Good Time In Hell..

Theo Ginn 01-13-04 09:16 PM

yeh heard about this

good shit

Tsar Casm 01-13-04 09:20 PM

Wasn't there a Dr.Death in a Sgt.Rock comic once???

Daz 01-13-04 10:20 PM

hey but didnt they ask to be murdered? i dont see the crime

SynerGistik 01-14-04 02:41 AM

Haha.. Good.

Lokinator 01-14-04 12:16 PM

Ship Ship Horraay

Cave Canem 01-14-04 12:40 PM

I Don't Even Wanna Know Why He Targetted Old Women As His Victims.......

Guess He Wasn't Into The Young Thing......Or Thought Nobody'd Give A Damn About Grandma....

The End 01-14-04 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Shipman was a gangster

*Hung

Actually, it is more correct to use the word 'Hanged', as retarded as that may sound.

COM 01-14-04 03:46 PM

i hate beards