RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Mystikal Got 6 Years (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=107362)

Evolve 01-16-04 11:02 AM

Mystikal Got 6 Years

http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=5453

RythmicTendicies 01-16-04 11:04 AM

yea..lol, announced on radio 1....hes gotta be feelin' abit shit now..lol...shouldn't have done it.

Trapt Wit 01-16-04 11:34 AM

Why not just copy and paste the article
I'm far too lazy to click a link = (

AJ 01-16-04 11:44 AM

Damn, that really sucks for him. How can you force someone to do oral sex on you? I mean a girl would probably bite your fucking dick off or something.

Born To Kill 01-16-04 12:14 PM

Just goes ta show...

Money cannot buy ya brains.

Mr.Christensen 01-16-04 12:19 PM

After a year-long ordeal, Mystikal was finally sentenced in a Baton Rouge courthouse yesterday to six years in prison for the sexual battery attack on a 42-year old woman.

Michael "Mystikal" Tyler must have sensed the 'danger' when he arrived at the courthouse yesterday to face District Judge Tony Marabella. Reportedly, he was stern as he walked in and did not stop to joke with reporters as was his habit.

During the sentencing hearing, Judge Marabella called Tyler the "mastermind" behind the attack which took place in July 2002 when Mystikal and two bodyguards forced the former hairstylist to perform "continuous sex acts" which they taped. The tape became a key deciding factor for the judge, who said the victim was "terrorized" by them.

The victim accused Tyler of forcing her to perform oral sex as repayment for a debt, said prosecutor Sue Bernie. Tyler had accused the woman of stealing $80,000 worth of his checks.

Mystikal originally faced up to 10 years, but received six as part of a plea agreement and the help of the victim who agreed to the six-year sentence to avoid testifying and put the attack behind her. One bodyguard, Leland Ellis, received three years and the other, Vercy Carter, got four. After finishing his prison time, Tyler must serve five years probation for a related extortion charge. If he violates that probation, he must serve up to 10 years in prison.

During the sentencing, Judge Marabella chided each man for their accounts of the attack which he said conflicted with the taped evidence.

"The court is convinced that the defendant believes he is above the law and can take the law into his own hands," Marabella said. "You received a significant break when the district attorney reduced the charges."

David Bourland, attorney for the 33-year old rapper, stated after the sentencing that Tyler knew he was going to jail before he walked into court Thursday. Yet, he still contends he was not trying to hurt the woman and tried to show his remorse with a civil suit settlement, sexual assault counseling and community service.

The victim's civil attorney, Harry Ezim Jr., said she was upset when the defendants downplayed their roles in the attacks but believed the sentence was "fair."

"She can start the healing process," Ezim said. "Mystikal mystified my client, and today he was mystified by the court system."

Penskills 01-16-04 12:20 PM

..What a Dumb-fuck!!!!

Sublime D 01-16-04 12:28 PM

yo that sucks ass..

C-Section 01-16-04 12:36 PM

who cares, i dont like him anyway.

Lethargic 01-16-04 01:04 PM

Why the hell would you tape something like that? People are so retarded providing evidence against themselves...I say put him in front of the firing squad for lack of intelligence.

Straight Ace 01-16-04 01:13 PM

I hope he gets raped in prison..

Tsar Casm 01-16-04 01:13 PM

The bigger question is why would they rape a 42 year old..

Trapt Wit 01-16-04 01:14 PM

Thanks TR....

Now I can say...

...mystikal sucks

Tsar Casm 01-16-04 01:15 PM

Why couldn't you say it before???

MeNTiLL 01-16-04 01:17 PM

That succs ... Monkey Balls !