RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Should Jay-Z Retire (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=107564)

jskill 01-17-04 08:00 AM

Should Jay-Z Retire

some say he is the best. others say he is not. what do you think

scan~ya~lane 01-17-04 08:03 AM

I dont think he should retire..hes one of the best mainstream artist....i just dont like when he sells out to sell records..hes very consistent...i honestly liked his older shit better though....but i hate him cuz he stole my wife beyonce...lol

Canuck 01-17-04 10:40 AM

yea, he should have left the game long ago. 03 Bonnie 'n Clyde? What the fuck is that?..........Steal'n ryhmes, beats, everything, he's gay as fuck. His new album was wack, his flow is old, and he's jealous of Sean Paul, he wouldn't let him perform with Beyonce....lol.....hah ha loser....

Straight Ace 01-17-04 10:50 AM

^yeah..the sean paul thing was mad gay..
& yeah he's been exposed for stealing almost everything that made him big.
He didnt write much of his shit either..
..I am content with him not polluting airwaves or tv broadcasts any longer.

Happy Thoughts 01-17-04 10:52 AM

He's retiring? How old is he?

X Ecution 01-17-04 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck
yea, he should have left the game long ago. 03 Bonnie 'n Clyde? What the fuck is that?..........Steal'n ryhmes, beats, everything, he's gay as fuck. His new album was wack, his flow is old, and he's jealous of Sean Paul, he wouldn't let him perform with Beyonce....lol.....hah ha loser....

you should be shot then left to rot n let vultures eat ur remains...u have to be the dumbest person on this site....how can u say he lost hi sflow apperently u dont have ears..n how u gonna say the black album was wack...ur mentally sick...n wut r u talkn bout tealin beats...it was a good song so dont start..eminem did the same thing rip him about it...just go home n listen to ur baby rhymes...1

Canuck 01-17-04 12:05 PM

Quote:
you should be shot then left to rot n let vultures eat ur remains...u have to be the dumbest person on this site....how can u say he lost hi sflow apperently u dont have ears..n how u gonna say the black album was wack...ur mentally sick...n wut r u talkn bout tealin beats...it was a good song so dont start..eminem did the same thing rip him about it...just go home n listen to ur baby rhymes...1

....just for say'n that him and Beyonce's song was good, just goes to tell, that when you up in the 16+ niteclubs, bump'n with the pop top 30 crowd, that you obviously have no hip-hop sense. Let me see, if I bit 1 maybe 2 lines from an emcee, I'd be mocked, merked, then banned. Yet, Jay-z can spit the first 4 lines of his song, that were written and performed by B.I.G., and he's slated as the best? Bullshit.

I can rip Eminem about a lot of shit I don't like. That would be my opinion, much like this one. You see, if you look past all the beats, all the jiggy bullshit you obviously listen to, and you see this big-lipped clown yell'n "yep", you'll soon realize, his style and lyrics have a limit.

Plus, he's all over Pac's dick (RIP), he got dissed tonnes of times by Pac, but yet he still shouts out to him, steals his beats, it's bullshit.

Oh, about the black album, I stopped listen'n to JayZ after 'the streets is watch'n' album, so I won't say it's sucks, cuz I ain't even heard it. Just hope'n he retires, and punks like yourself slit their rists.

MP~PHASIZ 01-17-04 12:09 PM

I thought he already retired after The Black Album...

CRhyMe~SoN 01-17-04 12:12 PM

fuck around canuck of the regiment no doubt ... people need to learn to respect jayz nobody done it better then him except pac....

hes a business man...

"nobody been this good for this long" tell me thats not true...

jayz freestyles almost all his shit i mean shit mainstream hes always been thoro to himself ..fuck respect the man nobody is 2 mill is why hes retiring.. the man has the hottest rap lable no doubt hes running it cause fuck the south i hate em....

"what more can he say"

CRhyMe~SoN 01-17-04 12:13 PM

"i don't wear jerseys.. nigga im 30 plus.. give me a crisp pairs of jeans .. nigga button UpS"

Sp1TGa1M 01-17-04 12:22 PM

jigga man should NOT retire..his music still hott whether u love 'em or hate 'em the music is still hott shit

CRhyMe~SoN 01-17-04 12:43 PM

he keeps it street belive it or not look at his lable but fuck that heres how you sum it up...

"iM The ReAlEsT To RuN It.. I juSt HaPPenEd To RaP"

Penskills 01-17-04 12:49 PM

..Yes..nice to go out on top...

¤KiNgPiN¤ 01-17-04 01:15 PM

Yeah,Jay-Z is pretty good..But he stole like ova half the damn rhymes he puts in his songs from Biggie and shit like dat..I'm gettin sick of Jay-Z..i mena 10 albums is enough about time he goes and retires

¤KiNgPiN¤ 01-17-04 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1TGa1M
jigga man should NOT retire..his music still hott whether u love 'em or hate 'em the music is still hott shit
Yeah,his shit is hott cuz he copies most of it from guyz like Biggie.
"N-O-T-O-R-I-O-U-S you just lay down slow" <---Biggie's "Representin the U-S you just lay down slow" <--- Jay-Z, see ma point? :nono: