RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bootlegging Is Ruining The Music Industry (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=109997)

Gunman tha Great 01-26-04 07:52 PM

Bootlegging Is Ruining The Music Industry

didn't know if ya'll knew that or not. When u bootleg somebody's shit you ARE stealing from that artist, and when all of a sudden you notice that artist aint dropping shit no more, you are 2 blame, because even though artist make the most money off tours, its the labels that put the artist on those tours and if the record sales aren't showing a nice size fan base, then that artist isn't going to get the right tours he or she needs. I don't fuck wit burnt CDs or Bootlegged shits, get a job or something and pay for tha fucking CD.

C-Section 01-26-04 08:01 PM

* goes to download some more music*

MuhThugga 01-26-04 08:31 PM

I don't download full albums, but I also can't fork out $20 a CD when the artist wants me to.

The whole file-sharing on the Internet thing is just a revolt against the over-priced CD's in stores. When Compact Discs were first introduced, they promised the public that these discs would be cheaper than the tapes and vinyl. Now that isn't so and people have grown tired of paying and arm and a leg for music to listen to.

wogzta 01-26-04 08:41 PM

^ i only bootlegg or download when i cant get it anywhere else... or if i dont really like an artist but wanna check them out... by the way... i'll bet you most rap artists that were once from the ghetto or the streets bootlegged CD's.. pirated versions... you think they had money to fork out $20 for every time someones album came out? And hip hop artists DO listen to other rappers...

Sir Q. Layshun 01-26-04 08:44 PM

God I Love Myk In A Straight Way LOL

So I Dont Really Give A Fuck, There Already All Rich Anyways Whats So Bad About Them Gettin Normal Jobs?

saltheking 01-26-04 08:58 PM

LMAO@ this thread

HE VOICED HIS OPINION LETS ALL LISTEN AND PUT A LARGE DAMPER ON PIRACY...
...or not...
in fact!!!! do you like nelly??? didnt think so!! now go bootleg all of his shit and see how you(of course and the millions and zillions of us bootleging it...man how does he go platinum so many times) take him out of commision! i'll help you too!!!
bootlegging= a. okay under the right circtumstances...
::eats dinner::

Fl~O~mEtRy 01-26-04 09:00 PM

i just download a few songs to see if i shood buy the album
i jus downloaded a few songs from Visions Of ghandi n now imma buy it

Sick ILL CeLL 01-26-04 09:19 PM

i dont give a fuck...its a only certain albums i buy...da rest i bootleg...there was no use fo dis post...cuz u aint gon make a difference in da bootleggin world...

Transmogrify 01-26-04 09:26 PM

So Gunman, Hows '95?

Da NFamous 01-26-04 10:24 PM

I agree i despise bootlegging in the industry, i know far too many niggas who do that shit and whenever i findout somebody copped a bootleg i give them a lyrical thrashing, i HATE that shit, i actually buy albums now, and every album i dloaded or bought bootleg i've bought fa real now, 1luv.

DNUFO2 01-26-04 10:35 PM

ya It's the reason both my parents don't work for record labels anymore. But u can't stop it.

Mr.Christensen 01-26-04 10:37 PM

my 56k doesnt let me download

but i aint buying an album for that much...ill just throw in an extra 10 dollars and get a DVD

prices suck

Dez 01-26-04 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick ILL CeLL
i dont give a fuck...its a only certain albums i buy...da rest i bootleg...there was no use fo dis post...cuz u aint gon make a difference in da bootleggin world...

argh...just add another letter and say 'the'...

add one more and say 'this'..

add.......god....nevermind...

DªÖ 01-26-04 10:50 PM

and yet it is those who try to make money off the cd's that
wont put them on the tours :\

...OpeY... 01-27-04 03:18 AM

artists make about 3 cents per cd sale. Even if the sell 2 million CDs in a year they only make about $60,000 a year. Then take out legal fees, taxes, other business expenses, etc. And the artist is left with pocket change. Point being... artists make nothing from CD sales. They make their money from concerts, merchandise, and publishing. The only ones that benefit from cd sales are the greedy music labels who rip off the artists to get rich. You should try educating yourself before preaching to the masses