RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Would You Stop The Violence? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=113402)

Canuck 02-10-04 01:40 PM

Would You Stop The Violence?

Let's say you had the almighty power to stop violence on the streets, would you?

Government spends Billions of Dollars so kjhgd oilugd in Iraq is ok, but what about your streets? is Jimmy Crack-Head ok? How about his suppliers? His family?

Would you clean it up, or is it a part of tradition that you have gangs, thugs, dealers and pimps?

Post ya thoughts:

menolin 02-10-04 01:42 PM

gangs would exist anyway, im guessing that the gov.t needs gangs to look good publically, an some may even pay of the goverment!!

Edicius 02-10-04 01:45 PM

This tread is gay sorry

Canuck 02-10-04 01:47 PM

ya sorry, we meant to discuss who's better: 50 or Obie.

Hey Cobain, wake the fuck up, your being taken hostage.

Edicius 02-10-04 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck
ya sorry, we meant to discuss who's better: 50 or Obie.

Hey Cobain, wake the fuck up, your being taken hostage.

Stop talking to me.

The End 02-10-04 03:36 PM

Bringing up what the U.S. government does with its money really wasn't relavent to this thread. We spent the money in Iraq to prevent future terrorism and wars. (supposedly.. )

Now, on the topic of voilence in our streets, I'm sure EVERYONE would want to end it. However, you can't stop peoples free will. Sadly, no matter what you do, there will always be crime. You can try enforcing stricter laws, but that will only lead to further rebelling. You can try throwing money at it, but that will just lead to richer criminals.

:nono:

Provoke 02-10-04 04:51 PM

Stricter laws... simple as..

I've always thought the death penalty should be reintroduced for severe cases.
Also.. the rule that a trial cannot be redone - how dumb is that...
An example of the Uk justice system.. a judge sends a policeman to prison, after he punched a thief in order to stop him.. and before you say anything.. our cops are pretty safe.. many won't do it for no reason.
The guy had a string of convictions.. crackhead etc.. and he was sent free..
Another - the infamous Tony Martin case..
Now.. Huntleys wife on tag...
Prison.. tv's n shit?! I mean wtf? I'd have a cold fucking cell.. no features except a hard mattress..
Seriously.. its raw if you go down.. but who's fault is it in the end..
The government is soft as shit...
Governments are too damn soft..

Gunman tha Great 02-10-04 04:52 PM

Violence is going to happen, if it didn't we would all be bored.

.:FiorZ:. 02-10-04 04:56 PM

ya cant stop violence...
thats peoples actions...ya cant change how people act...
gangs, street violence are there..and thats that...
ya jus gotta put up with it i s'pose...

self 02-10-04 07:13 PM

If there were no violence in the world I don't think the world would work very well.

Circle.

bouncedoggydog 02-10-04 07:33 PM

Human evil has always been the biggest threat to society. It is the most threatening issue in our daily lives, it has always been this way, and it will always be. Is there a cure for it, not exactly, but can you limit it, get rid of some? Yes, it can be regulated as with Hitler, saddam and such, but will it ever be gone? I doubt all evil can ever be eradicated, but we can rid the world of those we know that commit such atrocites. Just ask yourself what is the biggest threat to your life in your society today? Is it Macdonolds? Is it the homeless? Is it medical insurance? No, it's human evil and how it effects you. Just about everyone one of you are more concerned with someone killing you over global warming, right? I mean who gets home and say's "well I was lucky to make it home today, becuase global warming almost killed me". Not one of you! It's more like,"Damn I thought those thugs over on the corner of such and such were going to jack me for my such and such, I am lucky to have made it home"... Until we understand that our battle is not with government, or the enviornement or the mentality of the West, we can not confront our true enemy. That enemy is and always will be human evil...

Sublime D 02-10-04 07:42 PM

if i could stop violence i would...the depravity of human beings only increases as time goes on....my friends aunt was chopped into pieces by her boyfriend, another friends aunt was shot in the head by her husband...this other woman i know her sister was shot in the head by her boyfriend, how many more will there be...if i could stop domestic violence alone..........if only......i have to leave life in the hands of God, because i can't deal with it anymore...bounce said it well in another post...ho weasy it is to say someone got shot...how accepted has that became..how has death become an integral part of black communities...what is wrong with humans...o the humanity...the humanity...

Archeologist 02-10-04 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=self]If there were no violence in the world I don't think the world would work very well.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats true its a part of the world....
there will never be world Peace.the world just wudnt work!...

Accelerate 02-10-04 08:12 PM

I'd Definately Try to stop violence. Its Tragic people are consistently dying, and most of it doesn't make the news. Thats where your stereotypical Ny rapper came from, it depends on the person if he shot someone or not, but people die constantly in the projects or the hood, just nobody hears about it. I'd stop violence though, Because maybe the people who die could have changed the world in some way, maybe the cure for aids or cancer was in that person's destiny, which is also Why I stand against abortion. Also, people would stop rapping about music and move on to better things,lol.

Tsar Casm 02-10-04 08:13 PM

It's not like it's going to go away..so what's the point of even thinking about it?..
It's been happening since the birth of Man..and will gradually continue..