RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Audio Assistance (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Pro Tools Conversion Help (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=113864)

DJ FADE 02-12-04 03:21 PM

Pro Tools Conversion Help

hey everybody, im new around here, so go easy on me. i had a quick question about exporting audio in pro tools. my system is optimized for audio production, but im still having trouble. ive been using the "bounce" function, converting to a .wav, stereo interleaved, 16 bit, 44100 hz file. sometimes my computer will make it through the real-time process, but sometimes it won't. is there either another way to convert to a .wav or mp3 file format in the program, or a way that my computer will be able to make it through the process better? maybe my h/w and dae buffer size? i dont know, those should be correct. it's just frustrating having a dope track mixed down and not being able to get it to a good file format. any help is appreciated.

Soul-Full 02-12-04 11:59 PM

what speed processor you got on your computer, and how much ram are you working with.

.oNe.

DJ FADE 02-13-04 04:14 AM

i'm running a 1.2 ghz processor with 512 megs of ram. not the best out there anymore, but i think that should be able to handle it. what do you think?

Syntax Mastery 02-13-04 08:30 AM

why are you mixing it down in real time? that may be the problem right there... that takes alot of ram usage...

Soul-Full 02-13-04 09:44 AM

if your using a PC honestly the processor may be a problem. Ive ran pro tools (the free version) with a AMD 2400 9approx p4 2 ghz) with 512 ram, and the program was a bitch.. If you are using a pc the shit needs to be a major workhorse. As in p4 2 ghz or better with 512 ram or better. But like syn said, dont mix down in real time.

.pz.

DJ FADE 02-13-04 01:56 PM

yeah, the workstation powering the pro tools system has to be pretty powerful and dedicated to solely audio production. as for mixing down in and converting in real time.. thats the only way that the program does it. unless there's some hidden export feature that i dont know about. if there is one, anybody let me know. but as for now, there's only the real time "bounce" feature that plays the song in real time with all the tracks mixed at their levels and with all plugins active and running.

Soul-Full 02-14-04 03:06 PM

yeah, i dont think there is an export feature, i wasnt thinkin clearly before. I could be wrong, but if u think about it....if your recording in 44/16 or up to 96/24....and you have around 3 - 4 tracks playing at once at any given time of the track...and u have like 8 direct x plugins trying to process...your going to need ALOT of ram for the size of the wav's and ALOT of processing power for the plug-ins...

best tip...back up important files on your computer to CDR or external hard drive. Reformat your computer....isntall NOTHING but protools....make sure thats the only thing running even in the back ground....

but a new motherboard/cpu may be necessary.

.pz.

protules 02-25-04 07:33 PM

buy a burner

The only way you'll be able to mix down tracks with what you have is external commercial burner or dat. Depending what interface you have, you could go into it analog or spdif. That way you can keep all your tracks with plug-ins but still in the digital world.
Pro Tools is faulty like that. But it's the best thing out there.

Krairo 05-06-04 06:05 PM

do I need a speical sound card for Pro tools to work