RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Whats up with dizzie rascal and British rap? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=115841)

Casper914 03-04-04 09:24 PM

Whats up with dizzie rascal and British rap?

Theres something wrong with Dizzie Rascal rappin, is he trying to be ghetto bc hes from britian tha unghettoist place on earth...
Agree or Disagree?

Casper
~Cant see me~

Jared LeftLion 03-05-04 11:12 AM

Thing is Caspar, that parts of Britain are Ghetto. Some parts are even on a scale with the states. You know what i'm saying?

As for Dizee tho, he's on some kind of Garage tip. It's interesting, but it ain't proper hiphop.

Casper914 03-05-04 04:46 PM

Yo, Jared LeftLion
Thanks for tellin me parts of Britian are Ghetto, i didnt know that, never been there...(Prolly since i dont leave tha east coast) But thanks anyway

Casper

fokesd 03-05-04 10:42 PM

i hate it...the music is ok i guess... but its not rap... so dont call it rap... like outcast..not rap but good music

.sixtythree. 03-06-04 04:45 PM

I'm not a fan of british rap, but Dizzee Rascal is an exception because he's a lyrical genius. To truly appreciate how good he is you need to listen to his album, some of the stuff he's released hasn't showcased even a tenth of his skill.

Casper: I'm not sure what psyche you're in, but if you have this stereotypical image that all us british walk around greeting each other with "tally ho's" and exchanging crumpets it couldn't be further from the truth. Crime in the UK is out of control. There are more slums/ghetto's then there are anything else. I've been stabbed twice living in my area and I just keep myself to myself. Trouble finds you one way or another.

HeXen 03-06-04 04:53 PM

british rap is shit....

fokesd 03-06-04 05:14 PM

the uk isnt tough... just stop

Crossword 03-06-04 06:05 PM

Hah, parts of teh UK are tough. The only reason ya'll think it isn't is cause you are sterotypical bastards... Come on, It has so many cities... Cities lead to corruption, Corruption leads to mobs, gangs... Those lead to drugs and violence... There is no way you can say UK aint tough. It is not US tough, but one of its own

.sixtythree. 03-06-04 07:15 PM

Some people can be so naive. Just because a country doesn't explode with aggression doesn't mean it isn't there.

If what some of you guys is saying is true, I guess the Middle-East isn't tough, no? People only die by the thousands in war, but since they don't have any rap stars, I guess they're just not tough. People in North Africa are executed just for speaking ill of the government, but since you don't see any rap stars representing North Africa, I guess they're just not tough.

Think before you speak, please. It saves you the stupidity.

double c 03-14-04 09:10 AM

the uk has some real places

The uk is gettin messy dizzie bigs up e3, thats hackney n trust hackney can b roar, enough yardies n enough men beefin over the crack.It aint only london though birmingham has some sick shit happenin all the time. You americans probaly aint never heard of moss side in manchester or peckham or brixton. We aint got hoods cause are country aint set out like that but we got enough sick housing estates every where all over the country.

luminaz 03-15-04 04:39 PM

British Rap

British Rap is goin well with ppl like dizzie rascal coz hes makin us more popular

biggawill 03-18-04 02:05 PM

Hear this! I been through the ghettos in NY and Washington - minor! I was bowlin round there on my own, people were friendly! Didnt see no beef, and i was there for 4 weeks. Okay, for you lot its easy to hook up a gun, squeezin a trigger dont take much balls, drive bys!? LOL! You lot are truly fearless! You come walk through moss side, housing estates in Hackney, Brixton. People have guns, but more likely mans gettin stamped in the head til it brakes, cut in the face with a broken bottle, stabbed to death. Or you could go see Millwall play 'soccer'. Rodney P - 'Murderer Style'!

Razer 03-18-04 03:10 PM

Yo, You Need To Come To My Sides Of London. Come To Brixton, Hackney, Hounslow, And Peckham, Thats Where I Mostly Hang Around. I Would Say It Is Ghetto Personally.

Premanition 03-18-04 03:13 PM

uk rap is goin well cos klashenkoff is becomin more well known in the states n earnin respect constantly from wot i hear from americans....him n terrafirma are the hottest thing on the streets bar none currently!

x_chic 03-24-04 08:32 AM

first and foremost.. dizzy is not rap, hip hop.. he is jus dizzy.. dizzy is very talented and has lots of skills.. not all good artist come from america!!! infact dizzy got offered a deal with def jam.. look at that.. i dude u lot say is rubbish.. anyways for who every said the uk aint ghetto if u aint never been here i suggest u b quite.. we deal with the same things u deal with down 2 ppl gettin shot ppl selling drugs down 2 ppl gettin raped and kidnapp on a dayly thing.. well dats all i hav 2 say... peace

xxx