RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   real battles (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=117143)

shabba ranks 03-24-04 12:42 PM

real battles

do you think rappers see each other on the street and just start battling? Ex: Canibus see's m&m on the street and they start battling. What do u think?

Cave Canem 03-24-04 12:56 PM

Hell No.....

Unless They're Underground & Trying To Build A Career Or Have Pre-Writtens To Drop....

I Doubt They See Each Other & Battle Off-Top.....Most Can Barely Drop So-Called Freestyles Without Recyclin'....

Murder Phreak 03-24-04 02:00 PM

We all know that the pros rarely battle. MCs think that if they get signed then they don't need that kinda street credibility tho. But truth is if the mainstream cats held superstar battles that would Make the world of hip hop that much better. All rappers would be known for their skills and not their marketing, distrbution, promotion and all that senseless shit. And because there is more to Hip Hop then the music it would give it that perspective. Maybe I'm tha only MC that feels this way but I think it has it's points.

universatile 03-24-04 03:36 PM

word

Sean.C 03-24-04 06:01 PM

its still a no

Crossword 03-24-04 09:54 PM

nah they wouldn't and i wish the music world was like that

Gambino 03-24-04 10:22 PM

na man each rapper weather they got a deal yet or not
has a PR guy that sets these things up I know this cause I run a studio!

oone love......

SpecialTechnique 03-25-04 04:56 PM

nah i doubt it but if they did it would be phat.Peace

Status 03-25-04 05:07 PM

if they did that would be coo....an dthere would be alot more poeple tryin to feestyle...

Enygma 03-25-04 08:58 PM

The sad fact is that every one of these " mainstream rappers " all started out sayin the same shit we are........Money will make a person change

S-killz 03-25-04 09:44 PM

remember mainstream rappers just didnt get where they are now just by battling,,,,i dont consider freestyling hip-hop,,i consider it what ppl. do with hip-hop like breakdancing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a true emcee focuses on making music,,,,freestyling is just for fun and competition,,,,, expressing you inner thoughts by amking music through poetry and vocal skills is what hip-hop is.,,please extend your knowledge of what hip-hop really is and dont make stupid threads like this.........ok dudes

Daclassic 03-27-04 06:03 PM

yeah right.....the only people i know battle out on the street are ones that are trying to make it.

Daclassic 03-28-04 09:20 AM

these battle that these other people do like jayz and nas these arent real battles they are prestaged if know what i mean

Status 03-28-04 08:11 PM

yeah tru.^^^^but jay zis hella garbage and nas will eat him in a real freestyle.......

junio sixnine 03-28-04 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterMaster
do you think rappers see each other on the street and just start battling? Ex: Canibus see's m&m on the street and they start battling. What do u think?

Yeah. Eminem was walking down 8 mile last week like he always still does and canibus was eating at Mickey-D's. "Whatsup bitch were gona battle now" "Yes we will bitch you go first" and they battled and 8 mile really happened.

People battle in the streets everyday. Mainstream rappers are not only filthy rich and far away from the streets, but hardly battle ever.

lol@this thread.