RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Rap is the worst artform ever invented. (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=121199)

.::N-Sight::. 04-28-04 12:26 PM

Rap is the worst artform ever invented.

First of all, I love rap. I've been listening to Hip Hop since I was 7 years old. LL Cool J and Public enemy were some of the first artists I came to respect. They were followed by Salt-N-Pepa, Biggie Smalls, and now Jay Z. However, I am a disappointed fan of hip hop at this moment. Rap has gone from expressive artform, to negative money-machine.

Just look at how the negativity in rap spills over to rap boards. You can't visit any hip hop forum without people bickering about lyrics, or being accused of being a "hater" or "dick rider". I mean, what the hell happened to just making good 'ole fashioned dope music? New artists won't even debut without "dissing" a fellow artist. I think this is a devastating effect that has decreased the musical validity of rap.

Right now, I am disgusted. I write lyrics/rhymes as a way to express what's inside of me. But, people naturally "assume" I want to be a rapper because I use this forum. Well, let me clarify something right now. I AM NOT A RAPPER. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A RAPPER. I am just an avid fan of hip hop. So, competition from me won't occur.

I just wish we could all lay aside the bull sh*t and return to the essence of hiphop, a wonderful culture with dope music.

Nuff Said...

Shorty#1 04-28-04 12:54 PM

yeah whatever no one gives a fuck bitch

Enhance 04-28-04 01:03 PM

^ well thats true.

Kautious 04-28-04 01:08 PM

the fuck...it's white people messing it up for us! lmao nah jus playing

but it's true. but what can you do..unless you someone big you can't change shit

Killuminatic 04-28-04 03:46 PM

That was real shit

L.I. 04-28-04 03:53 PM

agree witchya.....

.::N-Sight::. 04-28-04 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty#1
yeah whatever no one gives a fuck bitch

^^ gee...tell us how yoiu really feel...

ne way

Rap needs a major overhaul man...i'm sick of this shit

I miss Biggie 4 real

cuz shit was dope back in 1994-1997

after 1997 shit went down hill

blah

RAP SUCKS!

but...it's addictive...

Sean.C 04-28-04 06:24 PM

lota herbs latly

Verse190 04-28-04 07:43 PM

if biggie and pun were still around, weak shit wouldnt happen no more cause they would be the best undisputed. there wouldnt be compition. but i could be wrong

Sean.C 04-28-04 08:17 PM

ya you forgot pac

Key... 04-28-04 08:24 PM

Rap or Reap they say.

Hybrid 04-29-04 10:05 AM

damn herb trying to be smart, can some one ban that guy please?

.::N-Sight::. 04-29-04 10:22 AM

ban me? for what, having an opinion?

lol...wow...

**marvels at level of ignorance and narrow-mindedness

Status 04-29-04 12:19 PM

i odnt care wat you htink.......hahahahahaha