RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   What Do Yall Think About People Who Dont Beleive On God (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=121940)

BOMBSHELLkilla 05-02-04 06:16 PM

What Do Yall Think About People Who Dont Beleive On God

honest answers

Enhance 05-02-04 06:17 PM

i respect that everybody has there own beliefs , but to curse god and say god is a dumb fuck or anythign like that is unacceptable.

Crossword 05-02-04 06:17 PM

Umm, I think its fine.. Considering i don't.. I have nothing against people who do. But don't see how you can besides having it as a crutch. :)

Shadows edge 05-02-04 07:42 PM

I don't believe in God either... but I don't understand why someone would call God a dumbfuck... just makes no sense.

MoTiF 05-02-04 07:59 PM

I belive there is a God,Devil,Heaven+Hell...i dont go to church Much but i dont think disrespect should be shown to God or Jesus.I think people can belive what they want but shouldnt be a Reject about it.

Sean.C 05-02-04 08:10 PM

didnt me and lot have a big ass discushon about this along time ago

For$akeN 05-02-04 08:54 PM

i think it don't matter, cuz i believe in god sometimes
& sometimes not & people who know me say they don't
give a fuck........i think people should believe in what
they wanna believe not juss follow what someone says

G Deuce 05-02-04 09:06 PM

People got they own opinions when it comes to religion, but as long as they dont come to me with that. I'm coo. I believe in him, so thats all that matters.

Cursive 05-02-04 10:26 PM

its up to each individual to establish their own beliefs. although, everyone should be open to others opinions even if they dont agree. personally i think there is a God and that he created life, earth, etc. its a hard concept to grasp though, because if God created us, then who created God? its impossible to comprehend the fact of how he came into existence. He just is. period.

my question to those who dont believe in God is, how do you think we got here?

Shadows edge 05-02-04 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursive
its up to each individual to establish their own beliefs. although, everyone should be open to others opinions even if they dont agree. personally i think there is a God and that he created life, earth, etc. its a hard concept to grasp though, because if God created us, then who created God? its impossible to comprehend the fact of how he came into existence. He just is. period.

my question to those who dont believe in God is, how do you think we got here?

It's just as fair for me to say that the universe, life, etc just is as for you to say God just is. Big bang, evolution, etc and so forth.

Cursive 05-02-04 10:42 PM

right, thats the only other explanation for creation that ive heard, is evolutoin.
but there still had to be a starting point with someone or something, things just didnt randomly appear. and we didnt just grow from a single celled organism.(atleast in my opinion) Even many scientist acknowledge the fact of an 'unknown' which in religions case, would be God.

Shadows edge 05-02-04 11:19 PM

^^ no, many scientists do. a very few scientists, who generally have little scientific evidence, do. evolution, is a proven fact. now abiogenesis, which is what you're referring to with life coming from non-life, is somewhat more tenuous. however, many scientific experiments done since about the 50's, have shown that under conditions quite similiar to the earth about 5 billion years ago, peptides and proteins can in fact form. moreover, they showed that these peptides can form into crude cell-like structures that actually reproduce on their own. quite impressive stuff.

Cursive 05-02-04 11:30 PM

^indeed, interesting stuff, i dont have enough background in science to discuss what you were talking about, but send me a link or some information on the subject. im intrigued.

"evolution is a proven fact" ...yes, but to an extent. if it was completely proven 100 percent, then there would be no reason for anyone to believe other wise.

Shadows edge 05-02-04 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursive
^indeed, interesting stuff, i dont have enough background in science to discuss what you were talking about, but send me a link or some information on the subject. im intrigued.

"evolution is a proven fact" ...yes, but to an extent. if it was completely proven 100 percent, then there would be no reason for anyone to believe other wise.

http://www.talkorigins.org/

That's a good site on evolution. Some of it might be over your head, but this is pretty good:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

It's a FAQ Called "Evolution is a fact and a theory", should be able to answer your questions better than I can.

And the reason people disbelieve in evolution is because they refuse to accept it. There is no good scientific evidence against it, really.

burty 05-03-04 03:12 PM

my take on it

i personally dont believe in god or the devil but its a matter of individual belief.to most people god is a form of comfort,a knowledge based purely on faith alone.and if they are happy believing in that then that is good for the individual.but to me there is too much proof stacking in the last few years that makes me form an aetheist stance on it.theres no point in going into it cos the debate would never stop,theres no concrete for,neither is there any concrete against.its certainly not worth fighting over,as centuries of bloodshed have proved.the thing is,it just isnt changing...