RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What Beef Started Rap Battling Mainstream? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=134430)

Drastic 07-11-04 05:51 AM

What Beef Started Rap Battling Mainstream?

This thread is to let eveybody knoe who u think started hip hop beef to me this is a dumbass question but imma ask yall's opinion....

Poetic_Prophet87 07-11-04 06:22 AM

I'm probably WAY off, but wasn't it something like...KRS-ONE and Grand Master Flash!? I know it's at least KRS-ONE, right...Who knows, I'm just a 17 year old white boy from Illinois who got into rap because of 2pac when I was 13 years old...I know a lil bit, but I ain't as deep into as A LOT of people, but I'm going to go and say KRS-ONE was at least one person involved, someone let me know!?

emceedialect 07-11-04 03:54 PM

the beef brought that style of rap main stream would probally be the pac and biggy beef there was many classical beefs before this one but this is the one that brought it to the next level and probally the one song hitem up

Drastic 07-11-04 05:27 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Uppin!

Drastic 07-11-04 05:28 PM

poetic prophit krs did have one of tha first battles wit mc shan but that was like 2 years afta beefin started and thats wut tha question is basically askin

Keith Moon 07-11-04 05:36 PM

tupac and biggie thats a no -shitter......or more importantly east coast vs west coast....... west won.........

Keith Moon 07-11-04 05:38 PM

but then east came bak and has more recognition now............

plus west won cuz we had better mcees (tupac was best; nas and biggie jsut shadow him) and Puffy had no one left after biggie died and mase left......

DeaDWronG 07-11-04 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChase
tupac and biggie thats a no -shitter......or more importantly east coast vs west coast....... west won.........

How did the west win? I cant find em anywhere nowadays. Biggie opened the door for the east coast to take over again. When Pac died he closed it.

DeaDWronG 07-11-04 06:11 PM

i also diagree about biggie and nas shadow pac. I think biggie was a better emcee then pac and i feel nas is a better rapper overall as well. I also think that nas put pac in his place with The Message diss. "Fake thug, no love, You get the slug"

Tempa 07-11-04 06:31 PM

tupac and biggie thats a no -shitter......or more importantly east coast vs west coast....... west won.........<----- Big chase.
No it's not a no shitter cuz that's wrong. LOL. Koo Moe D vs. Busy Bee started rap battlin mainstream. It goes back much further than biggie and pac.

Keith Moon 07-11-04 06:59 PM

i kno.........but it really went mainstream wen that hit happened............anyways who knows........ask old school emcees bout it.....no wait....they didtn really go maistream until 8 mile......people wit no knowledge of hip-hop learned bout em wen 8 mile came out so ur both worngish.....

Keith Moon 07-11-04 07:01 PM

deadworng ur wrong........Tupac killed Biggie in all his osngs biggie never bothered replyin back.....plus hes dumbass fo settin up pac or not helpin him wen he was shot.....overall Tupac is better than Nas.......Nas took East coast personal and thoguh Tupac had beef wit him but didnt..........Plus Tupac aint no fake thug....

DeaDWronG 07-11-04 08:01 PM

i neva said he was a fake thug it was nas. And im sick of everyone sayin biggie didnt reply. What do u think Who shot ya was? Also half the songs on Life After Death are disses on Pac. Just listen.

Keith Moon 07-11-04 08:04 PM

yeah........but tupac killed him on his disses.....biggies good but Tupacs better........too bad p.diddy currupted Biggie cuz Puff started lots of shit......

Keith Moon 07-11-04 08:07 PM

but mile really brought battles outta tha ghetto into mainstream......now everyone knows what the concept is.....