RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ma$e gets CALLED.. (funny) (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=138336)

-Strype- 07-30-04 12:52 AM

Ma$e gets CALLED.. (funny)

In an interview with Hot 97’s Morning Show staff, Mase, Jim Jones and Camron engaged in a heated debate, with the two Dip Set members questioning Mase’s authenticity.

On air, Mase recalled the cause of his split with Cam’ron, with whom he once rapped with. The incident started when Mase claimed he offered to split a $50,000 fee for appearing in Cam’s 1998 hit song “Horse-n-Carriage,” instead of him doing the song for free.

Diplomat CEO Jimmy Jones called the show enraged, “I will do it to you duke. I don't like you. You shouldn't have came out your mouth. I'll put some dentures in your mouth. Go back down south with your congregation. Tell the truth. For you to sit there and lie...you are a reverend.” Jones also charged that Mase left the game due to pressures from individuals in Harlem who extorted him.

Mase eventually gathered himself and denied the charges that he was forced out of Harlem. Mase explained that he had already purchased land in Atlanta, Georgia and was planning to move.

Continuing, he stated, in his slow tone, that after a close friend was stabbed, he headed down south and that it had nothing to do with unsavory characters forcing him to leave.

“People grow up, I don’t have time for that,” Mase said. “[During commercial break] I was praying for Jimmy, I love them dudes. It’s just sad when people don’t understand.”

Angry like Jones, Camron called in shortly afterwards, questioning Mase’s motives for returning to the rap game.

“I’m just not into the lies and the truth and that’s it. The only thing you did was took me to counseling, you broke out on everybody and left. That’s what you do, you did it before and you’re gonna do it again,” Cam stated on air.

“I’m not a chump like that. [Mase], tell them how you called me and asked me to do an album last week,” Cam told Mase. “[Diplomats are] gonna make $150 million off the liquor. There aint no money in this rap game. I just do the music because I am nice....tell the truth.”

Jones even called Mase a fraud and said that he had a tape of one of Mase’s sermons, where he said rap music “is the devil.”

“You’re a reverend lying. I was there. You said rap is the devil at his speeches in church. I got it on tape…and [now] you’re rapping [again],” he said. “The reverend is up there lying. I wish you the best of luck, stop lying.”

Mase rebutted, calling the rappers thin-skinned. Mase did admit to Jones’ allegations, but said, “When I think about how the people need what I have to say [I changed my view]. It’s just like money. The same money that buys marijuana, buys bibles. Rap is not really of the devil, it’s what people say in it.”

“I cannot not express the truth because they’re sensitive,” Mase said. “I don’t have any problems with them. Even in the bible when a person knows that you come to say something powerful, they try to discredit your name. One word from God can wipe out years of wrongdoing.”

Mase, who said that he was going on the road with Usher to promote his new album, closed his appearance on the Hot 97 show with a prayer: “In the name of the Heavenly Father, I thank you today for forgiving me for all my wrong doing and shortcomings. I thank you for dying for the cross for all of my sins. I am healed, I am delivered and I am rich. Amen.”

Incidentally, Mase and Jim Jones released albums on the same day, August 24.

Drastic 07-30-04 01:09 AM

damn i cant beileve i took tha time to read all that shit but its interestin.....

D-ICED 07-30-04 01:33 AM

wow mase is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitsh for real.lol :laugh:

KroNuz 07-30-04 01:36 AM

^- lol yea i know... hmmm so i wonder if they gona beef... n battle it out like jay z n nas.. but i doubt it cuz mase cant say nothing bad lol...

Drastic 07-30-04 01:43 AM

^^^^^^^^^lol mase is str8 bitch tho "rap is for tha devil" wut tha fuck is that and lets get serious mase battle camron....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TAKENOTICE 07-30-04 01:44 AM

mase just tryin tah play the god son when he know in his mind that he want to wile out and be ghetto again but he's tryin to make it all worth his while i think its a publicity stunt and mase will be in the Shinny Suits once again lol he still can't dance...

DON 07-30-04 01:46 AM

hold on hip hop music is about bein different and not givin a shit right not jus about bein black and ghetto right?

TAKENOTICE 07-30-04 01:52 AM

yea but tah me the way mase was and how he just gon pick up and leave and then come back all saved and that i just seems like a big ass front nah mean ...

Kizza 07-30-04 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON
hold on hip hop music is about bein different and not givin a shit right not jus about bein black and ghetto right?

no thats punk, son.

:laugh2:

Abraxas 07-30-04 11:27 AM

Let's kill MASE... lol

DON 07-30-04 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizza
no thats punk, son.

:laugh2:

no thats hiphop too and uh it wasnt that funny neither actually it was dumb

Da Vinci 07-30-04 01:10 PM

That's kinda of funny,

DON 07-30-04 01:28 PM

no its really not all he did was say nah its not hiphop its punk no joke there jus a statement and another person sayin dumb shit

Da Vinci 07-30-04 01:29 PM

Who is Mase signed with anyways?

DON 07-30-04 10:17 PM

bad boy thats why diddy is in his video he was with badboy before but does anybody else notice how all puff does in his artists songs is talk in the background in every hit song thats wat he does he has to say somethin in every one and he doesnt jus say one thing he keeps sayin it over and over through the whole thing