RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nas Vs. Kanye West . . . (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=143414)

System Crasher 08-18-04 03:33 PM

Nas Vs. Kanye West . . .

Who do you tihnk is better?..... Nas... or Kanye West?....
Leave A good explanation!

Capital B 08-18-04 03:36 PM

nas would win, nas is the 4th best mc and if he can beat jay z, then kanye has no chance.

N.Tavarez 08-18-04 03:40 PM

nas
it would be a 1st round knockout

Better Question
NAS OR BIG PUN
(if he were alive)

The Black Plague 08-18-04 03:45 PM

^^ No son, Nas is THE best Mc.. Period. To make a great rapper you have to have the combination of great Lyrics... Eminem has some of the best lyrics out there, but his rappin voice and presentation isn't all too great... so you also have to have a powerful rapping voice, with nice flow, presentation... Lyrics dont mean nuttin if you cant present em... Only a few rappers have both of these... Rakim, Tupac, BIggie, Nas... Kanye also has this combintation....

However, Nas has had far more experience than Kanye.. Nas was ill when he started off underground, then his fisrt Big album was Illmatic, the best hip hop album ever... Kanye only had 1 rec under his belt, so a comparison can't be made... I think Kanye has a funny voice, he like slurs his words or somethin, but it kinda takes away from his Lyrics...To me Nas has no flows Lyrically or when he presents his music.. His flow is great, he has a powerful voice, and he transitions well, he can come wit everything... Kanye doesn't have this, and as i said, Kanye needs more experience...

And Nas would destroy Kanye in a diss battle, just look wat happened to Jay Z...

Capital B 08-18-04 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Plague
^^ No son, Nas is THE best Mc.. Period. To make a great rapper you have to have the combination of great Lyrics... Eminem has some of the best lyrics out there, but his rappin voice and presentation isn't all too great... so you also have to have a powerful rapping voice, with nice flow, presentation... Lyrics dont mean nuttin if you cant present em... Only a few rappers have both of these... Rakim, Tupac, BIggie, Nas... Kanye also has this combintation....

And Nas would destroy Kanye in a diss battle, just look wat happened to Jay Z...

ok for the bold area....nas is the 2nd best rapper alive, but he is the 4th best rapper that ever was. rakim is the best...

System Crasher 08-18-04 03:58 PM

Myself... I actually think that nas is better than kanye west... i mean nas just has better flow and He is way better on the list...

Crasher~~~~~~~

The Black Plague 08-18-04 04:03 PM

Ehhhh, yeah Soin, i guess Rakim is the best... if it wasn't for Rakim, there wouldn't be a Biggie or Pac or Nas, so i guess Rakim is the best... But Nas is 2nd best, he better than Pac... Only thing about Pac is he couldn't flow well, and Nas can, and I think flow is a very important part of rappin style... So to me the best ever are 1. Rakim 2. Nas 3. Tupac

If you say Nas is 2nd best alive, who is first? Jay Z? Lmao

Capital B 08-18-04 04:19 PM

rakim is the first....he is still alive right?

Abraxas 08-18-04 04:21 PM

yea no doubt no doubt NAs he is tite and he can rap better

Kid Charlemagne 08-18-04 05:01 PM

What the fuck? Rakim number 1? Let me laugh.Pac is the realest emcee there ever was and the there ever will be.This thread question is the dumbest shit ever.Nas takes this hands down.Kanye isnt even in the top 15 rappers.Maybe top 5 producers but rapping wise he is close to wack.ANd for those who said Jayz numba one...ROFL.Jay-Z is so overrated its not even funny.He has a few good songs but the rest is wackness supreme.Nas' new cd will be the shit although im not sure when its gonna get released.Kanye can suck my nuts for all hes worth.Pac is and always will be number one in my mind.

Nuff said.

The Black Plague 08-18-04 05:03 PM

Nas is better than Pac son, trust me.. and why you talkin bout who's wack and who's not... look at ya rec kid, then diss others

Lord Vader 08-18-04 07:00 PM

Canibus would kill them both but NAs even though he sucks occk after illmatic....PLus Tupacs better than both....2pac is 100x better than Nas nad ripped Nas and Biggie so many times there ass holes grew 10x the size they were bfore they buttfucked

KISI 08-18-04 07:06 PM

the two or sort of on different wave lengths. i like the movement that kanye is bringing, but lyrically he is sort of deficient, and at time corny. Nas is definately better in my opinion.

System Crasher 08-18-04 09:23 PM

Agreed!~/\^/\^/\^/\

Hova-Wayne 08-19-04 08:47 AM

Ayo I agree wit soin credable on the first page, I mean he smashed the fuck outta Jay, even though that is my boy.