RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   When Do You Write (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=152032)

selah david 09-27-04 02:30 PM

When Do You Write

O.k here it is:
I'm the type of person who likes to write on a regular basis but I get occassional writers block and it last for a while. Over the years I have noticed that I have a pattern. I usually write when it's really cold outside between October and mid-January. When spring comes I get writers block and I can't really write again until like the middle/end of May. Then I'm good until about July/August. At least that's how it used to be. Now I am writing more regularly but I have periods when I get in "the zone" and I cant stop writing. It happened around the christmas season until january. I feel like its about to happen again so my question is whn do u write. holla back

villagepimp 09-27-04 02:31 PM

I find that If I'm really pissed off... It's easier for me to write me really hot deep shit.
But If I'm in a good mood... I can write my party & chicks shit.
But if it's a "eh" day... I get writers block.

I.D. 09-27-04 02:32 PM

wen i'm pissed of...extremely bored...or listen 2 a hott ass song 4 tha 1st time or wen i get inspired from sumthin random

Compose 09-27-04 02:38 PM

only problem with me is im too lazy to write, i practically never write unless i force myself to, i really need to get out of the lazy habit somehow and i cant think of good shit to write unless its a battle with someone, i need to have a objective, i cant write for no reason dont know why

distilled 09-28-04 03:27 PM

Weeeerd to that^^^

Usually write before I go to sleep, when everythings wuiet outside, I'll get some instrumentals, put them on low, and just have one a night on repeat.
Thats how I'd write for my own songs when I get some beats goin

Immense 09-28-04 03:56 PM

^^thts a good,jus chill to some instrumentals and write......but it depends for me...........wot mood im in an stuff.............sometimes i just cant be assed......then others im fuckin hungry to write...........it just depends how ya feel i reckon...........

Implicit 09-29-04 12:20 AM

yeah i usually play 1 beat the whole night on repeat and jus write to that. but it has to be quiet. i can write whenever, happy, mad, sad

La Cosa Nostra 09-29-04 01:51 AM

I write all day.. every day.. and when I cant write, I sit there and freestyle to myself..

Yes, Im obsessed..

Da Vinci 09-29-04 02:48 AM

I write best when I'm suppose to be doing other shit.

lil C.A.L.I 09-29-04 02:55 AM

I write whn im bored :huh:

lil C.A.L.I 09-29-04 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDipsetBloodzx
wen i'm pissed of...extremely bored...or listen 2 a hott ass song 4 tha 1st time or wen i get inspired from sumthin random

and that too! :thumbup:

d-dre 09-29-04 09:14 AM

i got to be real mad to write a good verse

DQ 09-29-04 12:53 PM

When sumthing good pops into my mind, there i go...When im pissed i usually write good stuff but when it is just a normal day i can get nice ideas 2...my mind does its own thing, sumtimes im layin in my bed totally tired but then all of a sudden i get this great idea and i just have to write it down...I get writers block occasionally yeah and then i just let it rest for while until all those ideas start poppin in my head again and im off again...

Lyriclesolja 09-29-04 12:57 PM

Yeah i used to write every day about one page and when i do write now its mostly poetry cause thats what im good at......................Peayce

fluidmoon 09-29-04 04:53 PM

I write usually after something happens, good or bad,but song lyrics will come to me when i'm sleeping or driving in my car, or at any random time, but i get the most inspiration from listening to beats and late night, yea, words come a lot quicker for me at night...