RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Is rap getting TOO popular? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=152703)

Plutonium 09-30-04 08:32 PM

Is rap getting TOO popular?

back in the old school days there isn't a lot of people who listen to rap, so if you are one of them peeps who listen to rap music, you're the cool guy, everyone who listens to Spice Girls and Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey would be like "whoa!", and now in the new school, EVERYBODY listens to rap! White people, Gay People, Chinese People.......

Rap is considered pop music now along with rock, bubble gum and etc....you see white girls liking fucking tupac.....it's just now right....

No hate to any white, gay, asian rappers aight, I dont mind, but.....

.......rap is turning mainstream

^^^what do you think?

Parallel 09-30-04 08:34 PM

lol im white so are most people on this site

Plutonium 09-30-04 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~{ExClusive}~
lol im white so are most people on this site

LOL i'm a Asian sayin this.....

I'm just saying, if youre black and proud of yourself, would you like eminem to come in and change hip-hop from the way it is?

Abraxas 09-30-04 08:39 PM

lol
yes rap is getting popular

Reverse 09-30-04 08:43 PM

Hell Yea Mayn... But Atleast There's Still Underground Keepin It Real So Thats Still Good..

Ysdat 09-30-04 09:12 PM

the more popular rap get's. the deeper the underground will be. So it's a win win situation. Hip hop is world wide.Hip hop is the prefered choice of music by most youth. Hip hop is here for the 20th century. from 1990 onward hip hop has been climbing the ladder each year. it is now absolutly huge. Hip hop is here to stay.
pz

ĶŏŐbŐŏ 09-30-04 09:15 PM

yea @ datz da truth man it dont matter if rap gettin more and more popular....
cause all it will do will bring out more and more sucesful emceez...

La Cosa Nostra 09-30-04 09:16 PM

Whats wrong with rap getting more popular....

Abraxas 09-30-04 09:18 PM

dsunno i dont dont why but thats good that rap is good... rock is weird shit i dont get it and pop is shit..... contry and jazz and the oldie shit is fucked up

ĶŏŐbŐŏ 09-30-04 09:21 PM

yea man rap is da best type a muzic round...

Wicked One 09-30-04 09:25 PM

Rap is getting popular...But i think its good tho...But underground is going to get much better too....But i have no problem with Eminem he is a good ass rapper...but i just dont like listenin to him...soo ya know...1

La Cosa Nostra 09-30-04 09:27 PM

I cant go through entire days without listening to rap..

Im addicted to a beat..

CataclyzM-i-C 09-30-04 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonium
back in the old school days there isn't a lot of people who listen to rap, so if you are one of them peeps who listen to rap music, you're the cool guy, everyone who listens to Spice Girls and Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey would be like "whoa!", and now in the new school, EVERYBODY listens to rap! White people, Gay People, Chinese People.......

Rap is considered pop music now along with rock, bubble gum and etc....you see white girls liking fucking tupac.....it's just now right....

No hate to any white, gay, asian rappers aight, I dont mind, but.....

.......rap is turning mainstream

^^^what do you think?

i feel u dogg...finally another nigga on this site makin sense !...rap is gettin maynestream...all da white kids tryin to rebel from their parents n listen to some "GANGSTA" rap...its ridiculous now....can a white person HONESTLY say that rap music was created for them....dont get me wrong if u got talent then u got talent but the music backround was created for black ppl as a way of expression since we were held down for so long throughout da system !

~1~

!Mc Merc! 09-30-04 10:21 PM

hosetly mainstream rap started in the 90\'s think and yousd realize rap is more then dead...........................................

its come back as horrific piece of shit.

~Luciano~ 09-30-04 10:51 PM

It iz gettin Commercial

example

Lloyd Banks album and Cassidys album
2 me both albums sux ass
but there mix tapes are str8 fuckin fire
they dont really have no say on wha goes on and wha not
all up 2 the peepz at the label
its kinda a good thing but

i dont kno wha half the ni99az in the game doin
cuz they fuckin up