RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Music Or Battling? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=153475)

~Sonofisis~ 10-04-04 10:27 PM

Music Or Battling?

I have a question.. I just wanted to know, who likes the making music part of hip hop, and who likes the battles more.. which part of hip hop is more important, or fulfilling to you?

To me, i'm gonna start consentrating on making music.. collabing, and collecting good beats.. Battling is slowly fading in me. i'm not as ill as i was, but i can write my ass off, and flow a verse over the perfect beat..

Fuck me, what about ya'll tho?

~Sonofisis~ 10-04-04 10:38 PM

And now that i brang up song and music.. Does anyone have any good techniques for makin my shit sound better and clearer in cool edit/Audition. like, some peoplesound like they are really calm, but they're voice still get threw and can be heard.. DI Game for instance, i admire his music... and does anyone know any free beats that i can get, presumably from some producer that wants his name out there.. or just free beats period, not instramentals.. holla!

Ysdat 10-04-04 10:38 PM

For me its music. I would rather perfect my flow on a nice beat . than stand there saying " your wak and im better". Dont get me wrong I respect that side of rap aswell. But it seem's as if since 8 mile came out every 1 want's to fresstyle and diss each other. Both take skill. But for me personnaly I would rather write my rhyme's then spit them on a track.My written song's that I have got are more my style because Once I have written it I can take time and edit thing's and add thing's. Write what echo's and effect's are going to be used in this part of the song. Pretty much take time to perfect the song. But a freestyle 4 me allway's has a fault of some sort in it. Like a stretched line a weak rhyme loss of flow in spot's. So I prefer to write my rhyme's and take time to perfect it to my own standerd's...............pz...
(*oh yeah im talking live and direct in the flesh.beacuse with text peice's you can take your time and change thing;s as much as you want. But you still need talent to write a dope text peice*)

~Sonofisis~ 10-04-04 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @.
For me its music. I would rather perfect my flow on a nice beat . than stand there saying " your wak and im better". Dont get me wrong I respect that side of rap aswell. But it seem's as if since 8 mile came out every 1 want's to fresstyle and diss each other. Both take skill. But for me personnaly I would rather write my rhyme's then spit them on a track.My written song's that I have got are more my style because Once I have written it I can take time and edit thing's and add thing's. Write what echo's and effect's are going to be used in this part of the song. Pretty much take time to perfect the song. But a freestyle 4 me allway's has a fault of some sort in it. Like a stretched line a weak rhyme loss of flow in spot's. So I prefer to write my rhyme's and take time to perfect it to my own standerd's...............pz...
(*oh yeah im talking live and direct in the flesh.beacuse with text peice's you can take your time and change thing;s as much as you want. But you still need talent to write a dope text peice*)

I couldn't agree with you more, that's where i'm comin from..

Cocaine 10-04-04 11:15 PM

music.. i think music is the expression and relaxation part of rap.. and i think battling is more of the Hype type shit.. creating drama.. but battling is cool too. depending on ur mood..

Parallel 10-04-04 11:27 PM

ya i perfer the music but i aint gonan be doin audi for a few years or months maybe cuz i wanna get some respect and get a little notifycation and elavate some more and then do audio cuz then ill be ready i almost there but ya music i will start collabing text as well soon more often

La Cosa Nostra 10-04-04 11:41 PM

Wtf.. Battling is boring.. Music is what this shit is about..

Thats why I do topicals..

HoPe 10-05-04 12:00 AM

music is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50Cal. 10-05-04 12:00 AM

i like making club tracks definatly music is better

~Sonofisis~ 10-05-04 01:30 AM

I see that every one is on my level.. Battling is just competition, music is the art.. and Art is beautiful

JPoll 10-05-04 01:33 AM

music, i love making thinkers, reel shit, stuff you say 'that's some shit', and you think about for the rest of the day...PEACE

Key... 10-05-04 04:23 AM

Music...........and Me...........

like nate said.

U can do both Battlin is for elevation purposes.

KoObOo 10-05-04 04:40 AM

Music gets me thorough my life.......

Plutonium 10-05-04 04:54 AM

music....if ur gonna make it big...you gonna be able to do not just battling

TeamOne 10-05-04 07:51 AM

yea ima go with everyone and say music............ battlin is fun but its not as fullfilling as makin a song......... nowhere near, especially wen ur makin a deep song u get really into writin....... thats the best part of rap..........cuz wen i make those, i dont even care if other people like it, because i didnt make the song to entertain anybody, i made it for myself......... unlike battlin wen ur tryna win, so u gotta say things u think the people are gonna like...