RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is anyone SICK of this mainstream shit? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=162937)

NeptuneHurricane 11-29-04 10:37 PM

Is anyone SICK of this mainstream shit?

I know Im new, and my opinion may not matter, but.....Im just so sick of this mainstream crap that people consider real rap. :huh:

-K'Nuck- 11-29-04 10:49 PM

like?? haha damn son i respect you and got mad love for ya fam but u devotin ya whole reason in this game to takin down "gunplay rap" aint ya?

name some people u talkin bout anyways.. u like Talib Kweli?

NeptuneHurricane 11-29-04 10:56 PM

Haven't heard much of him actually. Might try him out.

Im talkin about people like Chingy, TI, Trick Daddy, Lil Jon, Twista, 50 etc.

YEah I dont really enjoy gunplay in rap, especially when people battle. It just seems to me like taking the easy way out.

*GHOSTE* 11-29-04 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneHurricane
.....Im just so sick of this mainstream crap that people consider real rap. :huh:

1 word...WERD^^^...u speak tha truth son...keep enlightening us...

Ike 11-29-04 11:08 PM

i disagree with TI on your list...he is underrated.......but everything else u said....i agree with

JRoy 11-29-04 11:09 PM

one thing to say GunPlay will always be in a drop no matter what you do or say....people are always gonna talk about guns in they rhymes...so get over it...every rapper has talked about guns,girls,clothes,and money,and drugs even Immortal Technique....sorry boys and girls

Adrenaline 11-30-04 09:11 AM

ayo I feel what ur sayin man, sometimes I listen to "too" much rap and my brain just gets sick man...I don''t know about yall but sometimes I need a break from rap...mainstream rap. ya the gunrap and all that is too overrated man.

darshmatix 11-30-04 04:43 PM

nope...LOVE mainstream...nothin better than it

-K'Nuck- 11-30-04 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneHurricane
Haven't heard much of him actually. Might try him out.

Im talkin about people like Chingy, TI, Trick Daddy, Lil Jon, Twista, 50 etc.

YEah I dont really enjoy gunplay in rap, especially when people battle. It just seems to me like taking the easy way out.

Yeah dawg I'm feelin' you.. just check him out, I think you'd like him...

schema 11-30-04 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infector Mindz
one thing to say GunPlay will always be in a drop no matter what you do or say....people are always gonna talk about guns in they rhymes...so get over it...every rapper has talked about guns,girls,clothes,and money,and drugs even Immortal Technique....sorry boys and girls

youre gay...

theres plenty of cats that dont talk about that stupid shit...go to www.rhymesayers.com and click on artists...i dont think ive ever heard a rhymesayer talk about that shit...download some wordsworth stuff hes ill...

"its not fair my expertise/you from your contract...that should be ya label's next release/"

and a big WORD to whoever made this thread...

Mask Murderous 11-30-04 04:51 PM

^^^

Did you notice he said mainstream?

Kanye & JIN are like the only non gun talkers with real deals.
And Kanye is the only one with non gun talk with real cash.

schema 11-30-04 04:56 PM

having a real deal doesnt make you a good rapper...kanye is...jin isnt...most of the cats that have real deals suck...its just about whats marketable to 12 year old white girls...12 year old white girls run rap...and right now theyre into crunk so any cat who fuckin sucks and has a southern accent gets a real deal...doesnt mean he wouldnt get murdered by 20 indie cats in a row in battles...just means hes marketable...

Compose 11-30-04 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
having a real deal doesnt make you a good rapper...kanye is...jin isnt...most of the cats that have real deals suck...its just about whats marketable to 12 year old white girls...12 year old white girls run rap...and right now theyre into crunk so any cat who fuckin sucks and has a southern accent gets a real deal...doesnt mean he wouldnt get murdered by 20 indie cats in a row in battles...just means hes marketable...

WERD....and another big WERD to the guy who started this...fuck u mainstream
peace

Retro 11-30-04 05:24 PM

Yes I Agree, This Is A Dumb Thread, *Think's Why Am I Here.?*

NeptuneHurricane 11-30-04 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
its just about whats marketable to 12 year old white girls...12 year old white girls run rap..

ROFLMFAO!!!
Its sad, but true...

With the gunplay deal, yes rappers do use it quite a lot. That's the problem. I think it's alright for people to have maybe 1 or 2 songs that have lots of gunplay or a pretty mainstream as long as it isnt the focus and basic subject of the album. If it is, I dont buy it.