RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Lyricist Lounge (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   RV Mixtape.. anyone interested? (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=171065)

strobe 01-08-05 06:14 AM

RV Mixtape.. anyone interested?

So I was listening to someone's song on soundclick and that got me thinking. Would anyone be interested in doing a RV mixtape? I have a stack of cdr's sitting around.. If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to take submitted songs, burn them to cd and mail them out to RV members who want a copy, most likely for free.. Is this something people would be interested in?

Phenom-in-all 01-09-05 11:48 PM

I started one... It's in the SONGS section. Stickied up top. It goes off you have to be nominated, and then seconded, and then me and Calamity decide who makes final cut. We have about 10-12 tracks already. word.

Phenom-in-all 01-10-05 12:01 AM

here's the link:

http://community.rapverse.com/showt...76&page=1&pp=15

anxiety 01-10-05 12:04 AM

Free??? Yeah I'm always down for free:thumbup:

Dabatos 01-10-05 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
So I was listening to someone's song on soundclick and that got me thinking. Would anyone be interested in doing a RV mixtape? I have a stack of cdr's sitting around.. If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to take submitted songs, burn them to cd and mail them out to RV members who want a copy, most likely for free.. Is this something people would be interested in?

I'll take part of this, i'll do a song about love i guess, so yea... n im almost done wit it, so u could put dat in it i guess

..ADLIB.. 01-10-05 12:11 AM

good idea. best things are free. im gonna record a new track to try to get onto this shit.

ill game 01-10-05 12:26 AM

ill be in it i need a better mic though is that cool?

R.Christensen 01-10-05 12:36 AM

I'll contribute something...

Give me a week or so...

Logic The Goonie 01-10-05 12:40 AM

Yay@free

I would love to have one :)

Affinity 01-10-05 12:53 AM

damn that would be a dope idea...do it do it..

Eternal 01-10-05 12:55 AM

ye this would be dope... i owuld like a copy since its free.........

strobe 01-10-05 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom-in-all
I started one... It's in the SONGS section. Stickied up top. It goes off you have to be nominated, and then seconded, and then me and Calamity decide who makes final cut. We have about 10-12 tracks already. word.

That thread is pretty old.. like 4 months old.

I'm thinking to get on the first volume, whoever submits a track:

1) Needs to still be active on RV (oh, you left? we don't care about you anymore :laugh: )
2) Needs to have dropped a song/beat/audio battle on RV in '04 (basically some random person can't just show up and get on the cd)
3) 1 track per person unless they are collab-ing with another person who isn't already on it (so everyone who wants to can get a chance to get on the cd. I'll make an exception if we can't fill the cd)

Thoughts? Anything else?

I'll probably be looking at burning 50-100 copies.. first come first served. Will probably need to find someone to design a cover and track listing if I send them out in jewel cases. Since it'd be free, there probably won't be fancy colored cd covers or labels though.

Logic The Goonie 01-10-05 05:04 AM

Well about in '04...

I'm probably getting audio up SOON so that seems kinda whack, there could be like a post limit ya know?

And, there should be some kinda of panel of the top audio heads on whether or not it's good enough to make it cuz I don't think anybody wants a bunch of Infector Mindz and I daughter hoz material. (no offense?)

Other than that it sounds cool :hump:

FlowIntelligent. 01-10-05 05:08 AM

well.. i thnk strobe should take the best audio heads we have at the moment.. and let them all do a track.. there has to be at least 12 dope audio heads on this site.. definately more.. and im starting audio too so if this first one goes good maybe we should do a second one.. so i can be on it :thumbup:

Phenom-in-all 01-10-05 06:05 AM

I like the idea the way it is.... People just need to actively drop more ish, and nominate it.... lol @ the thread being four months old, and peeps act like this is a dope NEW idea. It's in progress, and more than half done, why wouldnt peeps just get active and help me and Calam finish it with more material., There is a reason some of the top cats are there more than others... They dropped the most decent material.... plain and simple. I ain't interested in putting out a cd that 'reps' rv cause it has the most heads on it, if its 80% wack.