RapVerse.com Community

RapVerse.com Community (http://community.rapverse.com/index.php)
-   Hip-Hop Talk Archives (http://community.rapverse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UnderGround v.s Mainstream (http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=172655)

kaveh 01-18-05 04:13 AM

UnderGround v.s Mainstream

yo which you guys like more and why?...

i might have to go wit UnderGround all the way in this one,because its real and tests ya true skills and talent...its somethin u mostly play in ya headphones and actually listen to than play at a club

Spektikul 01-18-05 04:24 AM

def. Underground....

Speats 01-18-05 07:31 AM

seriously,i preferer maintstream...dunno why but i do,but i still like underground

darshmatix 01-18-05 09:34 AM

mainstream.....

Terumoto 01-18-05 10:17 AM

underground... mainstream are wack as fuck... cant find any decent music there...

cept for some of the peeps that were under then turned mainstream...

dfunk 01-18-05 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One M.B.
cept for some of the peeps that were under then turned mainstream...

That has to be the stupidest comment ever. Every artist that's mainstream now, was underground at one point of their career. You have to start somewhere!

Anyways, I prefer the underground due to quality of the music and the artist work ethic. Mainstream is about money and clubs.. but what can you do? There are artists within mainstream that are worth listening to (Kanye, Jay-Z, The Roots, Ghostface) but not too many.

20 GraND 01-18-05 12:18 PM

underground has the lyrics and is really hip hop
mainstream is just something wif a sick beat and thats it, no good lyrics, just enough to fill up space.

WerdSmith 01-18-05 12:51 PM

Mainstream=Filler....Underground=Dope...
Mainstream is just the adjustable rap's for everyone, while underground is where the passion's at..so fucka mainstream.

DQ 01-18-05 01:07 PM

It depends on my mood in fact. I listen to more underground stuff most of the time but I do like mainstream now and then...Mainstream is just a dope beat, don't have to think about it too much. Underground on the other hand has the deeper lyrics that make you stand still and think for a lil while.

DQ

GBless 01-18-05 01:28 PM

I prefer mainstream, because all da mainstream artist were underground at certain point in their carrers but they made it out of da underground and sarted doin more music..not just rap..started talkin bout different things not just da hood and the struggle..mainstream artist talk bout everithin 24's, ho's, da hood, their strugle, clubs,
parties, love and bout everithin..dats why I prefer mainstream..

Qualm 01-18-05 02:44 PM

I like em' both actually but I will say this much.

Lyrics=Underground

Songs=Mainstream

Qualm 01-18-05 02:45 PM

One M.B. has a tight avatar

bluntastic-510 01-21-05 04:32 AM

underground KILLS (we are talking multiple homicides here) mainstream like its the forty ounce chillin next to my moniter

E.C 01-21-05 03:31 PM

underground is better because they havent got the media or their fans to worry about they do it forthemsleves but when the underground artists go to mainstream then they turn out how the other underground artists went when they went into mainstream becuz of the meida and the public so id say its best to stay underground and i like the underground music better its more hardcore n shit...

Adrenaline 01-21-05 03:37 PM

GROUND
under

word
^^

^^SICK!! :evilgrin: